Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been given the VIN for their ordered Abarth? the reason I'm asking is that I need a 'test VIN' to look up some option codes and various 'Abarth only' parts. of course once I get an Abarth VIN, I can post prices on items such as the special steering wheel, alloy wheels, etc.

if anyone has one and doesn't mind, pls send it to me in a PM. of course I will keep the info confidential.
thanks! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
has anyone been given the VIN for their ordered Abarth? the reason I'm asking is that I need a 'test VIN' to look up some option codes and various 'Abarth only' parts. of course once I get an Abarth VIN, I can post prices on items such as the special steering wheel, alloy wheels, etc.

if anyone has one and doesn't mind, pls send it to me in a PM. of course I will keep the info confidential.
The VIN does not give any of the options. The VIN section that goes "FFF" the final 'F' denotes an Abarth. Following that is an "H" which is the turbo engine. That's all the unique info the VIN gives you other than the year and the actual s/n. Hope this helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Any hot part numbers for the Abarth steering wheels, pedal set, speedo hood, etc. yet?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The VIN does not give any of the options. The VIN section that goes "FFF" the final 'F' denotes an Abarth. Following that is an "H" which is the turbo engine. That's all the unique info the VIN gives you other than the year and the actual s/n. Hope this helps.

Cheers
sorry, but you're only partially correct.

while the VIN itself does not 'show' options, I am a Chrysler employee with access to DealerConnect. I can 'run' the VIN on DealerConnect and/or StarParts which will break down the VIN, essentially giving me the build sheet for the car.

from that I can get the option codes for items such as the Abarth only steering wheel, etc.

I now have a VIN and have the option codes. now I just need Chrysler/FIAT to update their StarParts EPC to list all of the Abarth parts. currently, only a few items such as Fascias (bumper covers) and outer trim items are listed.

personnally, I'm looking for the Abarth Leather Steering Wheel to add to "Gumby"! :D

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any hot part numbers for the Abarth steering wheels, pedal set, speedo hood, etc. yet?
nothing on these items. once I have them, unless someone beats me to it, I'll post them on this thread. a few months ago I contacted Mopar about a Pedal Set for the automatics. she said they were 'in the works' and may be available by the 3rd qtr.

with an Abarth Steering Wheel and a set of Mopar Pedal Pads.......I'll be set, for interior mods anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: the VIN I have is for an early Abarth (Production Date 3/29) and while the VIN DOES come up now in my StarParts EPC, its still not listing many parts specific to this model.

StarParts is updated daily so I will check each day for more info. BUT I'll be on vacation this next week so I won't be able to do much updating until the 23rd.

then again, if while driving we find a few places with FREE WiFi....who knows? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts