Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rear ended on the highway tonight. Guy was not paying attention and hit me hard from behind. He was in a 1999 mustang. He was doing probably 20 mph at impact at least. I saw him coming and floored it but 100 hp is not enough for that kind of maneuver. He was hard on his breaks and dove under my back a bit.

There is damage to the gate but I don't see any buckling on the quarters or roof so that is good.

While waiting for the tow I saw a mocha brown fiat go by. Was that someone on here?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My worst nightmare :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw a yellow sport pass me on Redbank exit ramp as I was limping to a gas station for my tow truck. I have never seen so many fiats in one day except when I get in an accident.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are three pictures. There is some damage to the pan in the back and the exhaust is bent up. Time for an after market exhaust I guess. I wonder how much the factory bumper costs, maybe I can get an aftermarket abarth bumper

No dimples in the quarter panels or roof that I could see.

The seat mechanism broke though he hit me hard enough that my force reward crippled the seat.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yikes! Glad you're ok! Makes me cringe!

·
Registered
513 Posts
WOW THAT SUCKS!!!!

Glad you are okay! If it were me I'd be hoping for a total, and get a new one. Just sayin!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Sorry this had to happen to you. :( I have almost crashed my 500 one time, and it would have been legally my fault. But the reason it almost happened, is because I don't pay the majority of my attention to my front windshield. This maniac passed me on the right, cut in front of me, and then panic stopped. I try to detect these type drivers half a mile back, watching the mirrors like a hawk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear but glad you are ok. How would you rate the car after the impact?
Car was fine after impact. Pulled over to the side and stopped.

The mustang bumper was stuck between my wheel and fender so the rear wheels were not rolling but everything was fine.

I did not get punted off the highway and go tumbling to my death like people would like you to believe hen a 2300# car gets hit by a 3500# car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, after waiting weeks for the rear axle and seat bracket to come in my 500 is finally back to me. Total damages came in at around $9,000 after all the supplements get added up. Can't wait to finally drive it again.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Well, after waiting weeks for the rear axle and seat bracket to come in my 500 is finally back to me. Total damages came in at around $9,000 after all the supplements get added up. Can't wait to finally drive it again.
Long time and pretty expensive but repair but glad you have it back going again!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts