Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my wife's 500c Pop tinted Friday. Sure does change the look! 20% all the way around. $215 is what I paid at a local shop.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Had my wife's 500c Pop tinted Friday. Sure does change the look! 20% all the way around. $215 is what I paid at a local shop.
Not to be a 'legal beagle', but Indiana allows 20% for the front windows or are you 'rolling the dice'? I got 15% for the rear side and hatch windows, but the legal lowest for the front in Florida is 30%.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a eye doctors note because he noticed I have the beginings of macular degeneration. I am allowed to tint all windows even front but havent decided what percent i should use, I dont want to get pulled over alot for this. What to do?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Not to be a 'legal beagle', but Indiana allows 20% for the front windows or are you 'rolling the dice'? I got 15% for the rear side and hatch windows, but the legal lowest for the front in Florida is 30%.
Indiana allows 35 on the front door glass and 'whatever' on the side rears and back glass. BUT I have to say that I've been stopped twice for speeding (not recently) and even though my car had 20 all the way around, the officer never questioned it or checked it.

guess I'm getting old, as I went with 35 all the way around this time on Gumby.

You roof, sure gets dirty, or is it wet? Like your wheels.

I think they have a tan top. not dirty.....just 'dirt color'! :p

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You roof, sure gets dirty, or is it wet? Like your wheels.

It just stopped raining just before the pic. It was dirty though. I've worked 10 hour days for 14 straight days and 12 more before I get a day off so i haven't had time to wash the cars.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a son with Albinism (Albino) so we get the Doctor Prescription to allow for darker tint. We hate to take advantage of it but if I can go dark legally I'm all for it...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pricy,I got mine done for 125!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
I agree, I paid about $40 less on my FIAT for the same work. The guy I went to is a local guy who is a very good customer of mine so I felt I had to give back. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to help a local business. It'll payoff in the business he will continue to bring my way.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a eye doctors note because he noticed I have the beginings of macular degeneration. I am allowed to tint all windows even front but havent decided what percent i should use, I dont want to get pulled over alot for this. What to do?
I've done darker tint for years and have never been pulled over for it. When I have been pulled over, I've never been questioned about it either. Just got a warning 2 weeks ago. (67 in a 50)

Just keep the original prescription in your glove box and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did mine 5% all the way around. Seems to be the preferred darkness in my area. Probably cos I'm in the high desert in SoCal, and dark windows in the summer time make an amazing difference in AC efficiency.

·
Registered
422 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts