Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for awhile. Love the forum so I guess I better start contributing!

We have 600 miles on our 500c Pop. It didn't come with fog lights which I didn't really care about at the time, but right now Northern California is having some of the worst fog ever. It'd be great to have them now! :rolleyes:

I've read a few threads about adding fog lights but haven't found any conclusions where someone did finally add them. I read that it's not possible to tap into the factory wiring, etc. Which is OK. I'm just curious if anyone has added fog lights and could share the details on their venture.

Admin - I apologize if this isn't in the right category, but to me lights aren't an appearance thing and the technical section only seemed to talk about the engine. Please move accordingly.

I'll update my sig, but we have the white and red top 500c Pop with manual transmission. Upgraded to the alloy rims and spare tire.

Mods I'm interested in:

Adding subwoofer, tuning the exhaust to make it a bit naughty sounding, adding chrome door sill plates, adding fog lights, oh and Manuela Arcuri!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I've been lurking for awhile. Love the forum so I guess I better start contributing!

We have 600 miles on our 500c Pop. It didn't come with fog lights which I didn't really care about at the time, but right now Northern California is having some of the worst fog ever. It'd be great to have them now! :rolleyes:

I've read a few threads about adding fog lights but haven't found any conclusions where someone did finally add them. I read that it's not possible to tap into the factory wiring, etc. Which is OK. I'm just curious if anyone has added fog lights and could share the details on their venture.

Admin - I apologize if this isn't in the right category, but to me lights aren't an appearance thing and the technical section only seemed to talk about the engine. Please move accordingly.

I'll update my sig, but we have the white and red top 500c Pop with manual transmission. Upgraded to the alloy rims and spare tire.

Mods I'm interested in:

Adding subwoofer, tuning the exhaust to make it a bit naughty sounding, adding chrome door sill plates, adding fog lights, oh and Manuela Arcuri!
Lurker? Sounds like a level above peeping Tom,lol. Seriously, most cars have the same harness whether they come with fogs or not. You're adding OEM, right? I added OEM lights to my Volvo. The kit came complete with the button and lights. Found the harness behind the bumper tucked away and the harness behind the dash for the switch. Poke around and/or ask the dealer. I bet the harness is all the same.

Reactions: JoseMalone

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thanks. Now I'll need a shop manual! :)
Good luck on that, seriously! You're likely to be more successful looking for hen's teeth. Make friends with someone in your local Fiat service department.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Thanks. Now I'll need a shop manual! :)
lol, you don't need a shop manual for this, the kit should come with instructions and even if it doesn't, it should be easy. Pop off the covers, look for the harness, and away you go.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I tried to add fog lights when I ordered by 500C Pop...I was told no wiring in place.
I call BS on the dealer.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I call BS on the dealer.
It's not offered as an option on a Pop by Fiat. The dash on the Pop's not wired for heated seats either, my dealer installed an after market with the switch on the seat. The Pop also doesn't have the wiring for the dimming mirror.

I'm sure an after market fog light is a possibility if you can find someone to run the wiring, but then you'd need to tap into the electrical system...not sure if that would impact the warranty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have great fogs aftermarket

I got some aftermarket driving lights from the Madness guys and added the fog film. They bolted right up but I did make a wider bracket. Installation was easy (1hour). I really need them here in Oregon I use them almost every day. See my pics to check them out. Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got some aftermarket driving lights from the Madness guys and added the fog film. They bolted right up but I did make a wider bracket. Installation was easy (1hour). I really need them here in Oregon I use them almost every day. See my pics to check them out. Good luck.
I checked out the fog lamps you added. They look great! So what's the scoop with the hood scoop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the site but this is my 2nd 500c pop. (long story) I love these little cars! My question. I had 13 500c pop and had the studio install fog lights. They're saying the 2015 as a different wiring harness? Do they just not want to do the job? The parts number is on the dealers own site!?! Anyone know about this? Thank you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the site but this is my 2nd 500c pop. (long story) I love these little cars! My question. I had 13 500c pop and had the studio install fog lights. They're saying the 2015 as a different wiring harness? Do they just not want to do the job? The parts number is on the dealers own site!?! Anyone know about this? Thank you :)
I was told the same thing by my dealer when I bought my 2015 Ribelle/Pop in March. The parts guy said a new kit for the '15's may be out in the fall. I just did a search and found this.

http://moparonlineparts.com/fiat-light-p-2988.html

I will call my dealer and see whats up.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Be careful with the website you mentioned. They use a 3rd party catalog that isn't always right. When they send you the wrong part because of it, they won't cross ship to correct it unless you place a new order; i.e. add an extra two weeks to your purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.