Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 500 pop without Sirius but want to intall SatRad without changing either the entire head unit or placing a portable w/car kit in.
Is the Base Radio Satellite ready?
(I know with my expirience with Ford stock systems all radios have ability to get SatRad as all that is needed is a "converter box" that is usually either in the dash near the stock radio or somewhere else in the vehicle that connects to the stock radio and an antenna so that the display and all controls are thru the radio). I can see in the LED of the stock radio that Sirius is shown.
If so can I purchase this "converter" and from where?
I spoke with my salesman and was told I would have to buy aftermarket but I don't believe he is that "Sat/Audio" saavy.
I also advised him there was a card in my manual packet from Sirius giving a free year of service and was told "that doesn't pertain to you."
Why was it in my owner's manual? Need help, and any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
JGervasiIII: I can check you VIN sales codes to see if Sirius was included in the build. Feel free to PM Me.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
JGervasiIII: I can check you VIN sales codes to see if Sirius was included in the build. Feel free to PM Me.
i also sent you a PM. thanks for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
700 Posts
id like to know too i got a subscription card for 12 months free sirius radio in my glove compartment of my pop

if not i would like to know what radio we need to add this with out the add on kit as well has to be an upgrade path for the pop

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
id like to know too i got a subscription card for 12 months free sirius radio in my glove compartment of my pop

if not i would like to know what radio we need to add this with out the add on kit as well has to be an upgrade path for the pop
jimtesla: Can you send me your VIN again and I can check the vehicle sales codes on your vehicle. More than likely, if it is not sirius satellite ready, you would have to purchase an external sirius head unit...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upgrading Fiat 500 Pop to Sirius Satellite Radio reception

I am also a 2012 Fiat 500 Pop owner who does not know how to upgrade to Sirius Satellite radio. If you are seeking my vin, can you pls tell me "how" to dm you. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Hi FiatCares, I hope you dont mind but I was hoping that you could look up my car via VIN aswell to tell me if its possible to add the sirius to it. Thanks
Welcome to the forum, to get a quicker reply it might be a good idea to PM him instead of waiting for him to find this message but I will make him aware of it for you just to help speed things along.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Thank you! I did PM him aswell just incase! Also I take it you have to use a device with mass storage enabled to use the USB for music?
You're very welcome Dan. (I assume your name is Dan)
I use a simple USB thumb drive where others use the same and iPods or other MP3 players, I think I have heard some using phones as well. I'm not certain this answers your question but if not please elaborate on your question a bit and I will be glad to assist if or how I can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry the question was a bit vague! I am dan but the username is supposed to be d and j and its really my wife jess car! We have just been having problems with the usb not recognising the phone because its not a mass storage device. We were wondering how other people have resolved this problem? Also will they ever update the blue and me to include music streaming?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Sorry the question was a bit vague! I am dan but the username is supposed to be d and j and its really my wife jess car! We have just been having problems with the usb not recognising the phone because its not a mass storage device. We were wondering how other people have resolved this problem? Also will they ever update the blue and me to include music streaming?
Funny it turned out to be your name then...hehe. As for streaming, several want it but no word on it happening, if it does I doubt it would be anytime soon. As for the phone playback it may work with some phones and not others but I personally cannot assist in this area sadly, I just toss a thumb drive in there as I find it the easiest and cheapest solution for me, I have no music on my phone and I've never tried to use it for playback. Hopefully someone else can chime in that has used their phone for playback. Sorry I couldn't be any help.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hi FiatCares, I hope you dont mind but I was hoping that you could look up my car via VIN aswell to tell me if its possible to add the sirius to it. Thanks
i can tell you i have checked multiple fiat sources and to get sirius you have two choices.

1) have the stock sirius unit installed.....according to the info i got directly from fiat as well as every studio i contacted, that could run close to $1000.

2) get an external sirius device to use with your existing head unit/aux (cheaper by about $900+).

its the one regret i have with my car. it was my fault. i had just come from two hyundais that had sirius standard....the second being a base model hyundai accent...i didnt even give it a thought that my car might not have it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have had no luck with my phone and the USB connection. It does work my Zune (which was a gift) and my wife's iPod beautifully. I have music on my phone, but the only way I can seem to play it is to connect it to the aux input and then plug it into either the USB or car charger to not kill my phone. Since I don't have that much music on my phone so I mostly use it for Pandora or I heart Radio. I do wish it would stream music by Bluetooth. No one in my family has an iPhone, so I have no experience with one of those.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.