Fiat 500 Forum banner

Additional AirBag

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  leonardo.marchese 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm the owner of a 500 Prima Edizione, unfortunately here in Brazil the car comes with 4 airbags (Front airbag and side airbag).
It's possible to additionally install the other 3 airbags (Window and Knee)?

Thank you!

#2 ·
Sounds too much like a complete tear-down and reassembly. Sensors and computers and expensive parts. I don't think we have knee airbags, and I'm not sure what the window airbag would be; are you thinking of something above the window? Again, not an item on any 500 I know of. I trust you're wearing a seatbelt in any event.

#6 ·
Thank you for the answer guys! Here we go on the replies:

I always use the seat belt, so no problem on this side. hahahaah
Like Steve-O said, we have the knee airbag and the window airbag, is also called curtain airbag, so that's my reference.

In the US 500 there are 7.

Steering Wheel, Passenger Side Dash, 1 in each seat(2), Curtain airbag on each side(2), And a knee blocker for the driver to prevent the steering column from injuring the driver in the case of a frontal impact.
Thanks Steve-O! :)

Welcome to the forum.

Agreed on the extensiveness of the additions. (Also, see below)

This is what I would have posted, people are shocked when I mention the numerous airbags, feel more safe with so much surrounding me...I just hope I never have to test the safety systems!!!
Thank you for the Welcome Tweak, this forum is huge! There's a lot of useful info, congrats!

Leonardo, maybe ordering a Steering Wheel with the Air Bag from Overseas would do the Trick. Honestly I do not have any knowledge how difficult it would be wiringit into the System. To me the Driver/ Steering wheel Bag is the most important one too me.
Evlkarl, I think I may no be clear on my statement, I have 4 airbags in my car, one on the steering Wheel, one on the passenger side dash, 1 in each seat.
The airbags that I want to install are the curtain airbag (2) and the knee airbag.

So far the items I have to buy are:
- Sensors
- Computer for the airbag
- Airbags
- Plastic cover

Thank you again for trying to help me!

#3 ·

Steering Wheel, Passenger Side Dash, 1 in each seat(2), Curtain airbag on each side(2), And a knee blocker for the driver to prevent the steering column from injuring the driver in the case of a frontal impact.

Reactions: streetsurfer
#4 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds too much like a complete tear-down and reassembly. Sensors and computers and expensive parts. I don't think we have knee airbags, and I'm not sure what the window airbag would be; are you thinking of something above the window? Again, not an item on any 500 I know of. I trust you're wearing a seatbelt in any event.
Agreed on the extensiveness of the additions. (Also, see below)

This is what I would have posted, people are shocked when I mention the numerous airbags, feel more safe with so much surrounding me...I just hope I never have to test the safety systems!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.