Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy. After the threads I'd read here, I half expected to find all kinds of paint defects and factory blemishes and everything was fine.

I polished out the winter marring on the finish, and the car looked great before I topped with a sealant that made it look even better. Even the interior came clean quite easy, I had substantial scuffing to the lower driver's door panel and was thrilled when it basically wiped right off. I did have some water spots on the seats and plastic areas of the dash and steering wheel, and these also wiped off without much effort.

Capitalizing on the unseasonably warm March weather, the below pics are after:

Clay
Meguiar's 105, white polishing pad, Flex on 6
Meguiar's 205, black finishing pad, Flex on 5
Collinite 845 hand applied/removed

The car looks better than when I picked it up from the studio. :D

I also got this stuff like a lot of others here:

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
did you check the nose air inlet for the bad masking issue?

Car looks great. that was my original first choice then changed to Rossi and the to
silver. I think your color is the overall winner though.

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Looks pretty!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you blurred out your name, on the paper work from Fiat. Was going to post mine. Didn't because of that.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great job, CMT! Thanks for posting and thanks for replying to my PM, too!
Thanks! No problem.
Good job, I don't get any PMs
Definitely one benefit to menopause.
Looks pretty!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you blurred out your name, on the paper work from Fiat. Was going to post mine. Didn't because of that.:)
It's not that I don't trust people, I just don't trust people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wish I had good "paint" story - my car 2012 Fiat 500 Sport - 5 months old - is covered with paint chips - bubbles - over 50 plus. It is a mess - worst purchase I have ever made. Dealer wants to sand and repaint - not taking done to metal - who wants to buy a new car and have to have it repainted. I want a buy back- due to poor application process. They are saying they have no complaints about the paint. The loaner I was given - had chips all over it. Fiat NEVER!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm really sorry, Debra. That flat-out sucks. I honestly expected a horror show after the winter, given the overwhelmingly bad experiences documented here, but I was pleasantly surprised. I hope you find a solution to your paint nightmare even if it ultimately requires counsel. Good luck. :/

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wish I had good "paint" story - my car 2012 Fiat 500 Sport - 5 months old - is covered with paint chips - bubbles - over 50 plus. It is a mess - worst purchase I have ever made. Dealer wants to sand and repaint - not taking done to metal - who wants to buy a new car and have to have it repainted. I want a buy back- due to poor application process. They are saying they have no complaints about the paint. The loaner I was given - had chips all over it. Fiat NEVER!
HAHAHA!

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/...rum/1606-many-defects-seems-excessive-me.html

·
Registered
149 Posts
The original dealer had the car for almost a month, and when I went back to pick it up I found they had only corrected the spoiler alignment, and their solution to the rest of the problems was to slop on some paint from one of those pen/brush deals, and ignoring over half of them. It go to the point where I was talking to somebody higher up at Chrysler, because when he called everything happened quick, but it got to the point that he said I should take it to a paint shop myself and have them send the bill to Chrysler. I didn't want to do it during the winter, so as soon as the spring breaks I'm going after it again.

It was difficult to make anything happen because I work a regular 9-5 job, and frankly, every time I thought about it I'd get agitated, and my blood pressure didn't need it so I tried to just enjoy the rest of it as best I could.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Been there! Find the very best shop even if you have to do some research or a little bit of travel and have it fixed up right and send them the bill. But make sure you have something in writing for an approval that the bill will be paid.

Fiat 500 Argento Sport

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
I very curious, 3DSteve did you look at your car, very carefully be fore buying it? Did it have all these bubbles/chips on it brand new, when you pick the vehicle up? Are all these chip rock chips/bubbles from driving your car? Any photos of your paint issues. I know my rear spoiler is possitoned off a little, and I have a few rock chip from the highway commuting. All my cars, have rock chips, and road rash.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
Well I near died but I got my first coat of polish on and no paint problems. My wife will help in the future or I may just die waxing this car

·
Registered
368 Posts
Optimum makes one HECK of a product. Im actually going to most likely go over my 500 with 3D's Nitro seal. Same concept, just lasts longer than the Poxy that I use now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts