Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i get my new Lounge sometime in November.

There was no option to get heated seats with the manual transmission which is really dumb but not much i can do about it.

So I got a price for aftermarket heated seats for $399 in Toronto installed. Only issue is that the guy said he cant install the heated part on the passenger side bottom cushion due to an airbag sensor there.

Did anyone get aftermarket heated seats in their fiat installed?

If so, is this sensor on the passenger seat gonna cause an issue or is this guy being overly careful?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, it would be nice to get the bottom cushion on passenger side done.

Not a huge deal if I can't as the driver side is more important.

But when I get too intoxicated and I get someone else to drive my car while I sit in the passenger seat, it would be nice to have my drunk a$$ toasty warm :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Currently waiting at tim hortons while heated seats get installed.....will update later on how they are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When we spec out the car and said we want the heated seat option, the dealer quoted me $800 and not even telling me that's after market install until I asked why it is listed as an $300 option?:confused: They then tell me " O!, it is an aftermarket install"......glad that we didn't get it. It will be nice to get it for $399, please keep us posted how it goes with the install:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so seats installed and they are awesome.

Even with the passenger seat not having the heating element on the bottom cushion, its hardly noticeable with the heat coming from the back part.

If fact, had a passenger in with me that had to turn it off they got so warm.

They had installed the switches right between the front seats on the plastic center piece right below the rear cup holder.

For $399, I think its a steal. Reg price is $499 but I got them to knock it down to $399 as some other place online offered it for that much.

If anyone in the gta wants to get their heated seats done, I got it at autostyle.ca in the dixie and 401 area. Fiat dealerships send it to them for aftermarket installation so avoid using dealer who charges you extra :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Didn't see this thread until tonight...I paid $350 for both seats and both the seat and the lumbar are heated on both seats. The button is on the side of the seat and has a high and low.

Pics:

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's a nice install. Are those seats factory? I've never seen that combo (cream/gray).

·
Registered
614 Posts
That's a nice install. Are those seats factory? I've never seen that combo (cream/gray).
No, those are Katzkin's...it's actually a brown leather and light olive green...the pictures color looks weird on Photobucket. I had no intention of owning an Italian car without leather seats. :D

When mine came in (custom order) dealer said he had 3 people interested in buying it in 24 hours.

Huge upgrade over the Pop cloth.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm reviving this thread because I was looking for it, lol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My 2013 Abarth will have them from the factory, but if you want heated seats, leather or not, you can have them. There are a variety of aftermarket versions available. It's only a question of how much you want to spend. ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts