the scoop to be unique not to look like a mini

function and form = must have:)

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My vote is the a stock style hood, with the Assetto Corse duct and vent as separate pieces. Do it in fiberglass, sell it for $600.....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
We will have to ask for Speedlogix to make sure... but i am guessing a non-refundable deposit of $250 x20pcs = $5k which is enough for them to make a mold first.

After, we can decide what style and material we want the hood to be in. I sincerely hope that Speedlogix can give us an awesome deal for the first 20s as the guinea pig trial which i am sure they will make a tons of $$$ afterward. But again, it's only fair that it is non-refundable so serious buyers please!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I would be in for a hood that saves weight, preferably carbon fiber, at least visible layer. The CF hood from TMC supposedly saves 20 pounds. Stock hood is around 35 pounds.

Not wild vents or mods, basically stock, with the option to add a scoop or vent.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If the price and look is right. I will buy. I have cash in hand, just getting my mind made up on exactly what I want before I blow my wad.
Vent or not is fine with the stock look too. It has to be able to hit the highway or sit in my driveway in a mansoon.

Has colored carbon fiber came out for these hoods? I've seen REAL white carbon fiber weave on road bike frames....
Not that I'd want it, just curious since it is possible to make it other then black.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would seriously consider fronting the deposit money for this if it were a stock hood.

1, that would be the cheapest to design because it would be a 'simple' copy of what we have.

2, if you want a scoop or vent or w/e, modify the hood as you would the OEM hood. I would be much more interested in this rather than having the same CF hood you guys have.

Id Speedlogix can give us a decent cost estimate and can verify the style of hood then I'd seriously consider this. Also, if we're doing this I second the idea of a CF hatch.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Im looking for a fiberglass type of hood personally...not popping for CF. I would be somewhat interested in a stock look hood, but it would have to be cheaper than OEM or whats the point..2-3 lbs savings?, I would be much more interested in a hood that looked different from stock and had some built in air scoop or vents. Still waiting to see what happens.

Just my personal 2¢

21 - 40 of 40 Posts