Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard or know of any companies that offer aftermarket seats and brackets? the stock sport seats are comfy but the cloth part stains so easily, and Id like to add some lighter, more sporty looking seats to the replace the fronts

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
FWIW...
we are a Katzkins installer and there are a lot of other kits on the market that are half the price and the same or similar quality.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I spoke to someone over the weekend who does paint and upholstery. He learned from his father who did work for many celebs. He has a full time job and does the work on the side, but he has the tools, know how and experience. PM if anyone wants his contact info. He described how he approaches his work and he sounds like a real craftsman.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My opinion is that there is entirely too much safety technology that is built as a "closed system" (each part relying on the other working and sending information) to start messing with the seats in a street car. An old friend had been THIS CLOSE to swapping out his stock seats for a set of "nicer" aftermarket (with no airbag) sport seats... I talked him out of it and was t-boned by a HUMMER shortly after. His side-impact airbag made contact with his ribs instead of his door. He thanked me for talking him out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts