Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this new alloy wheel, the AGA CORSE-2 by Bridgestone Japan

Available in 15x6 ET40 and 16x6.5 ET33 fitments, this 1-piece cast alloy wheel is made specifically in 4x98 PCD for the FIAT 500, Panda and Alfa Romeo MITO.

Shown here fitted to an Alfa Romeo MITO

Retail price is ¥32,000 for the 15" wheel and ¥35,000 for the 16" wheel. That's approximately $410 and $449 US dollars, respectively. I know that sounds expensive, especially since the FIAT 500 is an economical car to begin with, but I'd like to impress that I've never been disappointed spending more money for a top quality wheel versus cheaping out and settling for something that I could "afford" immediately but regretted later down the road. Do it once and do it right is what I always say. I think this could be a great alternative to the 17" Abarth wheel for people who like the multi-spoke look.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
That's insanely expensive. OZ has 16" wheels for just over $200 and weight 13+lbs
STOP CHEAPING OUT.

Sparcos, while not at the same level as either of the aforementioned, are lighter than stock and less than $140 a wheel. And, the are engineered and designed by OZ. Just made by sparco. It's the difference between cast and low pressure cast.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
and those Corsa Wheels are cast. lol

Just like my $132 Sparcos. OZ would actually be better as they are LP cast.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
STOP CHEAPING OUT.

Sparcos, while not at the same level as either of the aforementioned, are lighter than stock and less than $140 a wheel. And, the are engineered and designed by OZ. Just made by sparco. It's the difference between cast and low pressure cast.
I'm not cheaping out. I'm getting to OZ. If I lived in a pot hole riddled area I'd buy Sparcos

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I was being fassesh faceesh Fishessh ...I was kidding.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
if it's a limited run wheel and I really liked it, I'd buy them. I just don't.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Fugly

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It amazes me how these people come on here and try to peddle items at ridiculous prices
I'm not peddling anything. I'm an enthusiast who is simply trying to share with others the possibilities of what can be. I've been around the block a couple of times before and I resent your accusations. I've seen all too often how many enthusiasts make poor choices when customizing their cars with aftermarket parts. The end result is oftentimes dreadful and tacky and off-putting. Typically, spend happy consumers just buy whatever is readily available from the few businesses who are willing to support this small market. Their goal is to sell parts and make money. It seems many FIAT consumers that have voiced their opinions on this forum favor cheap prices versus design or other factors. Therefore, much of what these suppliers offer is cheap stuff. Frankly, I'm not inspired by any of the wheel choices offered by any of the vendors who advertise on this forum. I'd like to see more choices available and I hope this in turn results in more high quality, unique and attractive looking FIATs on the road.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm not peddling anything. I'm an enthusiast who is simply trying to share with others the possibilities of what can be. I've been around the block a couple of times before and I resent your accusations. I've seen all too often how many enthusiasts make poor choices when customizing their cars with aftermarket parts. The end result is oftentimes dreadful and tacky and off-putting. Typically, spend happy consumers just buy whatever is readily available from the few businesses who are willing to support this small market. Their goal is to sell parts and make money. It seems many FIAT consumers that have voiced their opinions on this forum favor cheap prices versus design or other factors. Therefore, much of what these suppliers offer is cheap stuff. Frankly, I'm not inspired by any of the wheel choices offered by any of the vendors who advertise on this forum. I'd like to see more choices available and I hope this in turn results in more high quality, unique and attractive looking FIATs on the road.

Maybe it's time to look past the forum. OZ Racing is NOT a cheap choice at all. The have a racing heritage, and make a high quality product. BBS makes a fine high quality wheel even though I feel they are a bit heavy.

You bring a Japanese website(not even translated) with no construction info, weights, or history of the company. Bridgestone doesn't make wheels, so it's another company licensing their name.

If you truly want to offer an alternative, then find something worth while from a webpage an American, or Canadian can actually purchase from

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've seen all too often how many enthusiasts make poor choices when customizing their cars with aftermarket parts. The end result is oftentimes dreadful and tacky and off-putting
And here I thought we were grown ups and able to chose things for ourselves! Thanks for setting us straight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe it's time to look past the forum. OZ Racing is NOT a cheap choice at all. The have a racing heritage, and make a high quality product.
OZ makes some decent wheels. I never spoke ill of them.

BBS makes a fine high quality wheel even though I feel they are a bit heavy.
BBS makes some great wheels. Most of their road wheels are heavier than average thanks to the TUV. And their wheels tend to be at the very top of the market in terms of price, when comparing like wheels. But such is the price of "Made In Germany." However, I think many BBS wheels are a poor choice for the FIAT 500 aesthetically speaking. I think the BBS RS is the default choice for people looking to grab attention in a certain scene. Color me unimpressed.

You bring a Japanese website(not even translated) with no construction info, weights, or history of the company.
That's your problem, not mine. I have no difficulties navigating the web myself, even those web pages that are originally drafted in Japanese or German or Italian. And I don't simply turn up my nose at those webpages that aren't in English. To do so would be defeatist and self-limiting. Bridgestone is a humongous international corporation with dozens of subsidiaries. They have been making and/or marketing wheels for decades and have long been at the front of the Japanese tuning scene. They are very well known and highly regarded in Japan. If you are ignorant of their history it is not my job to explain it to you. I gave some basic specs such as size and cost. Bridgestone is not advertising weight for this wheel and I have not bothered to look for independent verification. You can do that yourself if you want.

Bridgestone doesn't make wheels, so it's another company licensing their name.
I can neither confirm nor deny this. Can you?

If you truly want to offer an alternative, then find something worth while from a webpage an American, or Canadian can actually purchase from
I never said I'd hand it to you on a silver platter. Figure it out yourself if you're interested in actually buying these wheels instead of bitching to me about how you can't be bothered. I have bought tens of thousands of dollars of high-quality aftermarket parts from Japan. It's no trouble for me at all. If you want something truly unique and special you're going to have to work for it. If you want something that every Tom, Dick and Harry has then there are plenty of places happy to serve you.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Can I join in? You hold him, I'll finish him off,lol. Let's leave the sales to the forum vendors. I can't see one person on here liking that ugly center.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And here I thought we were grown ups and able to chose things for ourselves! Thanks for setting us straight.
Nope we're not capable of making informed decisions. Good thing he's here to help us make the right choice, and pay too much
You can make any choice you want. I'm not here to limit your choices or to spend your money for you. However, I have recognized time and again the group think and copy cat ideology that occurs in many enthusiast communities. That is so very boring to me. As for "paying too much," I find that to be a very condescending comment for someone complaining about how I am forcing you to make certain value judgements. Buy them, don't buy them. I don't care.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can I join in? You hold him, I'll finish him off,lol. Let's leave the sales to the forum vendors. I can't see one person on here liking that ugly center.
Finish me? You're too funny. Once again, I'm not selling anything. I love the wheel design. The center is very cool looking in my opinion. How about you continue bashing others for their aesthetic opinions? Great community feeling.....

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Coming on here to show something unique is valid. Adding that you can spend tens of thousands at anytime throws you back to the Fast 5 forums.

It just makes you sound like you're 16 and your parents pay for everything. Whether that's your age or not, I don't care. Just don't make yourself look like the type of bag that is associated with a certain type of feminine hygiene cleansing product.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wasn't doing it to gloat. I only wanted to share with JAFA how easy it is to get parts from Japan and to provide a sense that my answer was credible. You just have to be willing to pay for it: broker's fees, local shipping, international shipping, customs duties, etc.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts