Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some information on bagging the rear of my 500 Pop.
Can anyone show me a rear bagged setup? Specifically the bag position.
Greatly appreciate any links where I can go also for the info.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I haven't seen anyone's Fiat that has been modded. I've seen a couple places that sell front kits, but none for the rear (except as 4 wheel kits). Perhaps no one has done it because of the expense. $3000 for 4 wheels, $6000 for the full kit, is what I saw from CarId and a couple US shops... plus installation. I haven't seen air shocks available.

I look forward to what you find.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding.
There are air bagged 500s all over Youtube. I’m certain I saw some asses hitting the frame rails, but will confirm. All I would need (done) are the bag brackets welded up in the correct location. I can do the rest. Slam Specialties SS5 bags should do fine (and they do not flex).
I may be dreaming but just envision using the rear coil spring seat somehow. Trying to figure out how to not cut holes in bottom of trunk area.
Some pics would clear my head on what I can/cannot do.
Somebody straighten me out. Note: MPX Axle Back Duals will probably be an issue too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for responding.
There are air bagged 500s all over Youtube. I’m certain I saw some asses hitting the frame rails, but will confirm. All I would need (done) are the bag brackets welded up in the correct location. I can do the rest. Slam Specialties SS5 bags should do fine (and they do not flex).
I may be dreaming but just envision using the rear coil spring seat somehow. Trying to figure out how to not cut holes in bottom of trunk area.
Some pics would clear my head on what I can/cannot do.
Somebody straighten me out. Note: MPX Axle Back Duals will probably be an issue too. I mention exhaust possibly will be in the way after viewing some bagged 500 videos showing apparent delete of the factory exhaust.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I look forward to what you find... maybe contact the Youtube people? I was toying with the idea myself but when I chatted w/ the local dude and he said "around $5K" w/o looking at the underside. He hadn't done a Fiat, put it on the rack and said "this could get expensive". (He does fine work, but didn't think $5K was expensive, if that's a clue.)

I really hope you find and answer and let me know he was full of it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I look forward to what you find... maybe contact the Youtube people? I was toying with the idea myself but when I chatted w/ the local dude and he said "around $5K" w/o looking at the underside. He hadn't done a Fiat, put it on the rack and said "this could get expensive". (He does fine work, but didn't think $5K was expensive, if that's a clue.)

I really hope you find and answer and let me know he was full of it.
Fabrication has a price though. But I don’t see $5K.
Msg me your email address.
I have some info for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts