Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airbag light has come on twice over the last few days.
I vaguely remember something about airbags being covered under another warranty that exceeds the term of the powertrain warranty. Is there any truth to this? I can’t seem to find anything about it now.

Also, WTF? Why are my airbags busted? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix other than replacing the actual airbag? I know that won’t be cheap.
I have another car that I’ve owned since 2006 that has this same light periodically, and the dealer said it was due to temperature change and was nothing to worry about. As this light has only shown up when it is cold outside, this seems to make sense.
Could that be the same thing that is going on with the Fiat?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My airbag light has come on twice over the last few days.
I vaguely remember something about airbags being covered under another warranty that exceeds the term of the powertrain warranty. Is there any truth to this? I can’t seem to find anything about it now.

Also, WTF? Why are my airbags busted? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix other than replacing the actual airbag? I know that won’t be cheap.
I have another car that I’ve owned since 2006 that has this same light periodically, and the dealer said it was due to temperature change and was nothing to worry about. As this light has only shown up when it is cold outside, this seems to make sense.
Could that be the same thing that is going on with the Fiat?
I had the airbag light up on my Abarth after i used the air compressor one day. i must have knocked a wire under the seat. After unplugging all connections and re seating them the light went away, good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts