Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hello. I've been a big follower of this forum for a while and for whatever reason waited this long to register.

I just moved to the Birmingham area (Hoover to be exact) and wanted to see if we have enough to start a club. I've seen at least 3 other Fiats around town here in Hoover and with a dealer right in B'Ham there has to be a few more out there. Post here if you're in the area and maybe lets see if we can arrange a meetup sometime soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good to another one in the Hoover area!

I'm in Hoover as well. I'm in the white Abarth with the black rims. I've seen a few 500's over by the grocery store (Bruno's, now Belle Foods) and a 500 where I live.

I hang out with a bunch of folks where we do SCCA Autocross, eat too much food, and have beers at various establishments in the Hoover area.

One of these weekends we should see if we have a couple more up and online to the forums!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in a white pop with WV decals on the back. I live right by that Belle foods (1 minute from the Galleria)

·
Registered
78 Posts
i'm just across the way on Old Lorna Rd.

I usually end up meeting up with my old Subaru crew on the weekends for lunch... Sometimes at Charlie's Taphouse in hoover (US-31 and Data Drive), or Pub 261 at... well... SR-261 and US-31 (BTW - We found our cars will fit through the front door of Pub 261... Don't ask).

In addition, Sunday after next on the 16th of September the is an SCCA Autocross at the Amphitheater in Pelham just off 119. I can let you ride along to see what you think and if you'd find it something of interest.

Here is a video of a sample run:

We make our runs, then we head out for food and/or beer!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, well I'm at Landmark at Magnolia Glenn.
I saw a grey sport driving Lorna last week but haven't seen him since. Old Rocky Ridge Rd is a blast to drive btw (when there's no traffic)

I'll definitely try and make it out to the Autocross. That looks amazingly fun!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news, we're multiplying! The past two weeks I've seen red/black/yellow/and white sports and brown/2 white pops. Too bad they're not on here yet. Also a few weeks ago my girlfriend saw a white Abarth pass by Joann's (where I work) and we spent the next 20 minutes trying to decide if it was you

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's across from the Galleria right before the entrance to 459. I was actually on my way to Walmart yesterday a little before noon and saw you pass through that main intersection. I tried to follow you but couldn't merge in time, hah

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yep, that would've been me LOL! Hopping 459 back to Irondale.

So did you put anymore thoughts into autocross? If so, we have one at the Pelham Amphitheater this Sunday, October 14th. Usually first car goes at about 10:00 AM. We generally run until about 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O yea, definitely. It all just depends on my work schedule. I read that they usually start setting up at 7 but if i have work I wont get off until 10. Would that be too late to head over? I think regardless I might come by even if just to watch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Usually we get there around 8 AM, get the cars unloaded, register, get teched, walk the course... Driver's meeting usually at 9:30 AM and first car off by 10:00... Definitely come by to watch to see if it's something you'd like. Plus, you can ride along as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello folks

i'm enjoying seeing more and more cars around town as well.

I'm in Columbiana and i have an office in Cahaba Heights up behind the the Summit.

Mine is a White Pop with red seats.

Thanks
john

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey John!

I've been seeing more and more 500's as well, especially in the Hoover/Vestavia area. Now all we need is someone with a "classic" Fiat 500 LOL! (Saw one being trailered through Hoover not too long ago).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey John! I'm pretty sure I've seen your car before around town. Welcome!

And ShagnAbarth, I'll definitely come by. Still hoping I can get out of working Sunday to come do some autocross.

We officially have 3 people, enough for a small club :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
i usta Autocross my old 89 GTI 16v and then a Focus zx3. honestly the GTi was one of the reason i bought the Fiat. it is like a modern version of that car. It has about the same power to weight ratio(maybe a little less) and is small and nimble. It also reminds me of my first car which was a old aircooled VW bug.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me know if either of you want to meet up sometime to oogle at each others cars or even go for a drive. I'm about to install a DIY CAI so I'll be itching to try it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not yet... Working on it. I think with some stickier tires such as the Dunlop Direezzas and a more aggressive driving style I should be tricycling in no time flat at the autocrosses.

1 - 20 of 331 Posts