Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What's faster, greener, has more traction, and cheaper to run than a "normal" Fiat 500 Abarth? Well, the title of this post and photo have given away the answer.

What does Atomik Cars do for you that Fiat doesn’t? First, they install some lithium ion batteries into the cuter-than-Hello Kitty Fiat 500. Then they install two electric motors, with direct drive to each wheel — making it all-wheel-drive. To top it off? Full carbon fiber bodywork. Oh yes. Zero to 60 is gone in 5.6 seconds, and top speed is just above 110 mph.

The body kit is cool, but we’d buy it only for its retro-look alloy wheels.
Price? How much do you think a limited-run (only 50 will be made) hand built all-electric carbon fiber car goes for these days? In a word: more money than would fit inside the 500.

All-Electric Fiat 500 EV by Atomik Cars at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
Love the look of the wheels but this is not worth even close to the price of admission from the sounds of the price!
Agreed. There's one thing about being environmentally conscious and wanting to help the environment, and there's another thing of having to take out a mortgage just to do so... As cute as these All-Electric Fiat 500s look, I don't think that the suspected price is justified.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With anything that's limited edition or produced in small quantities, expect to pay top dollar. I think it's good that these Fiat 500 Abarth EVs can perform as well. I guess you can be environmentally conscious without sacrificing performance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why would Fiat not look into producing these cars for everyone?
Because that would be logical. I've noticed that things that are logical to the rest of us appear to be beyond comprehension for the automakers. If Fiat made the Fiat 500 EV available to all, it would not only drive the costs down, but it would help out the environment at the same time. I dunno... if the price was affordable, I'd consider it. I'm not going to over-pay for a car just because its produced in limited quantities.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well said Serenity. It really is too bad we won't see these Fiat's mass produced for the general public. The cost they are charging is outrageous

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doesn't half of our electricity still come from coal? It seems there's still a pollution problem there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts