Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clicking noise in the engin bay doesnt sound bad but it is apparent. Is it a problem or just how the multi air acts. Abarth car btw.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm going out on a limb, but I believe that's just the injectors and their normal sound. I could be completely wrong...

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
I am a believer in noise should not be noticeable but hey I could be wrong and usually am lol. Oh kinda like the Hemi tick

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
it's the multi air solenoids doing their thing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I put the Abarth in accessory mode, just before starting, there is a symphony of clicking from the engine bay that lasts for about 10 seconds. I assume it normal, but just wondering what it's actually doing??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
The multi-air motor has a symphony of valve bleed solenoids, so when you add the injectors to the mix, it clicks like crazy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Reviving this thread as my '12 Sport just started very fast, very loud clicking yesterday. Car just turned 3k miles & I hadnt heard this clicking before yesterday. It's very loud, so I know I would have noticed it before. Normal?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
have you done any aftermarket intake changes to the car? is the car running as it normally does? how old is the oil in the motor?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Reviving this thread as my '12 Sport just started very fast, very loud clicking yesterday. Car just turned 3k miles & I hadnt heard this clicking before yesterday. It's very loud, so I know I would have noticed it before. Normal?
I assume you mean the engine is the origin of this sound?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Tweak, yes I meant the ticking was coming from the engine & Zonker, Yes, I have the "zonker" intake that I did myself. The intake has been on for a couple weeks now & the oil is a few months old - car was purchased on 9/20. Car runs normally, no warning lights on. Just seemed odd to just start ticking very noticably all of a sudden

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tweak, yes I meant the ticking was coming from the engine & Zonker, Yes, I have the "zonker" intake that I did myself. The intake has been on for a couple weeks now & the oil is a few months old - car was purchased on 9/20. Car runs normally, no warning lights on. Just seemed odd to just start ticking very noticably all of a sudden
It definitely gets louder when you remove the stock engine cover plastics but I doubt this is a factor, good luck getting this resolved and I hope it isn't too serious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. My daughter has a 500 and because of the clicking it was brought in to fiat at 90k with the clicking. They replaced the motor for free, less than a year later same thing they replaced it under warranty. Now again less than a year later the same clicking and they don't know why so they want me to pay to have it broke down to diagnose the issue even though its under warranty still. So my question is has anyone seen anything regarding a recall on this issue?
Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts