Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And still no service light for an oil change.

What do I do? I made an appointment.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to find out if that's an option. I'd consider it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
5k, no oil change yet....yipes....u really should change it now...and use synthetic. ive changed mine twice and im at 2400 miles....cheap insurance on a tech packed engine..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm at 6,000 and no service light yet. I figure it's because I do 90% highway driving so I put about 700 a week. I know the 1st oil change was recommended at 8k so I figured that I will wait a bit more. I thought if
I brought it in early for the oil change I would have to pay for it. Not sure...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
90% of my driving is two lane highway @ 55mph with no stopping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealership mentioned to me when I bought the car that they would do it regardless of miles at 6 months... and may even do it around 6k miles if you call and talk to them. The light isn't always the requirement depending on the dealership.

·
Registered
175 Posts
And still no service light for an oil change.

What do I do? I made an appointment.
I decided to change my oil at 4,000 miles and switched to synthetic rather than wait for the change oil light to come on. The dealer charged me $40 which was fine with me. I will now change it at 8,000 on the dealers dime and from there on when the change oil light come on now that I have synthetic oil. With the regular oil there was no way I was going to wait 8,000 for an oil change.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll spend that $50 on hookers and blow. Dealership says free. I pay free.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My light comes on every 8,000 miles (yes, I have over 16,000 miles). It is a yellow triangle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
90% of my driving is two lane highway @ 55mph with no stopping.
Sounds like you are running the car mostly highway/higher speeds like I do. So maybe that is the difference. Also agree that I will wait for the freebie service from the dealer. I figure those Italians at Fiat are a lot smarter than me about what the car needs.;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,

I've got a little over 5000miles on my car and no light yet, though I drive a mix of highway, urban, and suburban roads. I figure I'll try and take my car in at 8000 miles or 6 months, which is about 5 weeks from now (whichever comes first).

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
9 am Sat.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Between 0 and 999 miles, the car records your driving style and tells the computer when to trigger the service indicator. If you drive harder during the break-in period, the indicator will appear somewhere in the 3000 to 4000 mile range. If you're easier on it, it will appear in the 7000 to 8000 mile range.

Don't be scared into thinking you have to change your oil more than you actually should!!!

Reactions: rrucker

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Changed oil, still no light.. they didnt even ask.

Cost $0

1 - 20 of 25 Posts