Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my Abarth order on March 11 and was told by my dealership that my car would be placed in the second allocation of orders for this car which was supposed to be placed at the end of March. So I kindly sent an email to my salesperson at the end of the month if he had a VON or a VIN to give to me? He said that my allocation was placed that week and he should be receiving those number the following week and he will contact me. So I wait a week and I hear nothing from them. So yesterday, I decided to call the dealership and ask about the status of my order. I chose not to call my salesperson and just called the general dealership number. The person asked for my name and asked when I placed the order for my car. It sounded like he was typing on the computer and didn't find anything about it. So he then asked who sold the car to me and I replied with the salesman's name. He then put that person on the phone who said that my car order was placed this week and he should have a VON or a VIN soon.

Now, after reading through this forum and about the delivery dates, I understand that the Abarth orders have been delayed a little. But I am growing more skeptical about my dealership and what they are telling me. Anyone else told they were on the second allocation of orders and when they would be expecting the car?

I was told maybe at the end of May but most likely in June is when I would be getting mine. But I'm afraid that I will probably be getting my car in July.

Anyone's thoughts?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Don't worry. I know most dealerships still haven't been able to place their order for the 2nd allotment. Quite a few out here in LA that are offering their "slots" for 2nd allotment. I'm 1 of the 2 at my dealership that's set to arrive in late May/early June.

The VIN will come. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Now, after reading through this forum and about the delivery dates, I understand that the Abarth orders have been delayed a little. But I am growing more skeptical about my dealership and what they are telling me. Anyone else told they were on the second allocation of orders and when they would be expecting the car?

I was told maybe at the end of May but most likely in June is when I would be getting mine. But I'm afraid that I will probably be getting my car in July.

Anyone's thoughts?
I think some dealers are better than others at keeping their customers informed. I placed my order on 3/9 and was told it was "accepted" by the Fiat rep the same day. I asked for a VON, but was told by my salesman that there wouldn't be one until later. I waited a couple of weeks and kept asking the salesman for the VON. I contacted FiatCares (Jonathan) here on this forum and he told me that there is a VON. I called the Fiat studio director (instead of my salesman) and got the VON. I sent that to Jonathan in a PM and he was able to give me a status. At that time it was on hold. Now it is in D status. Friday was the first day it shows up in the VOTS system. I'm hoping it will move to D1 on Monday.

Bottom line is that you should have a VON available, but for one reason or the other your salesman is either not giving it to you or he/she doesn't know it is available.

Good luck,
David

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Just for perspective, I ordered my 500C in June of 2011 and it took several months to make it to my dealer. 500cs were already available. It just took a long time. About 2.5 months.

·
Registered
582 Posts
From my understanding orders taken on March 7th were for the first allotment and it seems the first allotment was scheduled for build around April 11. Although my order went in March 7th I didn't get my VIN\VON until April 9th. If the your order was taken March 11th and you were told that you were going to be in the 2nd allotment there's a good chance there isn't a VIN\VON yet. First allotment deliveries seem to be for mid May but I would guess mid to end of May myself if things go well. That would put 2nd allotment schedule build to being sometime in June with deliveries scheduled for August.

Of course, i'm just speculating.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's complicated....

My dealer has yet to even had their demo cars shipped. Their orders for the demo cars were pushed back by over 3 weeks. They do have a customer ordered car that's on the way. The customer ordered car has 16" wheels. They are saying that Fiat had a shortage of 17" wheels for a short time and that did throw some of the delivery times out of wack, including their 2 demo cars (both ordered with 17's). All it takes is for 1 part on the car to be back ordered to delay the order. I am also in the second Abarth group and they as yet haven't even been able to order my car. It sounds like you arn't doing so bad.:) Hope you get your numbers soon.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I placed my order March 7th and just got a call from my studio today with my VON and VIN. I am in the second allotment. I was originally told that the second allotment would be ordered at the end of March, but they did tell me it could be delayed. My status on the vots site says "production scheduled"

Hopefully you'll get your VON soon!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
My only question when I ordered my vanilla 500 is why they needed the big deposit to goof around like they did. However the end product was an excellent car, and that is more important than kind words to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer in PA just gave me my VON and VIN on Monday, and he placed my order on the 8th of March. My car is in a D status as of today. I'm thinking I won't get my car until June or July. My dealer hasn't even received his 2 demos yet, and they are a huge dealer! I also read that the cloth seats are causing delays too. Just my luck! :) This is going to be a very long, hard wait!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
My dealer in PA just gave me my VON and VIN on Monday, and he placed my order on the 8th of March. My car is in a D status as of today. I'm thinking I won't get my car until June or July. My dealer hasn't even received his 2 demos yet, and they are a huge dealer! I also read that the cloth seats are causing delays too. Just my luck! :) This is going to be a very long, hard wait!

My guess is Memorial Day

Reactions: sirensound
1 - 18 of 18 Posts