Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 500 in the next few weeks and was wondering if anybody has pics of the Ambient Lighting option at night so I can decide if I want to include it. Couldn't find any pics on any websites.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I not sure, it worth the cost. Over 300 bills.

150% agree, I would rather go to the local auto parts store and buy some led strips for around $20-$30 and wire them with a switch myself or pay someone to do so and still save a few hundred!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, It sounded just like the stuff coming from Ford which I think looks pretty good. not worth $300, but the dealer is taking like $750 off the price of the car and I want to see if they could throw it in... but I guess I will have to wait until it becomes available.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
thanks guys, It sounded just like the stuff coming from Ford which I think looks pretty good. not worth $300, but the dealer is taking like $750 off the price of the car and I want to see if they could throw it in... but I guess I will have to wait until it becomes available.

Someone did mention getting it as an option so do ask about it but I know it is an option if you want to get it now, just not sure if the dealer is actually offering as an installed option. I wished to clarify as my prior post may have been misleading, I hope this better explains things. As an example you can buy from Amazon which sells a few Fiat OEM parts at a somewhat reduced price than I have seen listed on other sites...see
http://www.amazon.com/FIAT-Ambient-Interior-Lighting-OEM/dp/B005EYZACK :)

$287.83 + $5.99 shipping

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just out of curiosity, don't take offense, what's the novelty here?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just out of curiosity, don't take offense, what's the novelty here?
Oh, ambient lighting, is AMAZING. We have a Ford Fiesta that has it - 7 awesome colors for whatever mood you are in.

It's great because in our Fiesta, it highlights the cup holders, illuminates your feet, and overall just provides a little more light in the car without being distracting to the driver. It's a nice touch that is a great conversational piece, great fun if you have drank too much as the passenger (try and time the colors to change to music! fun!), and allows you to see what your dog is doing when he gets on the passenger floor (something I miss in the Fiat because when I'm doing the drive from Cincinnati to Harrisburg with my corgi at night, he gets down there and I can't really see him.

Mostly it's just sweet.

It just makes us really happy. We chose the Fiesta originally because of that awesomeness alone. And the fact that it's lime green.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks katherine!
I have seen a few Ford cars with some ambient lighting in the cupholders and on the dash in certain areas... I wasn't aware that the Fiesta came with that feature. I'm sure it would look great in lime green to have green lights inside :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Touareg had lighted footwells...it was just really nice. I think its great the Fiat version has multiple colors! I really want these but I am curious if you can install yourself.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the OEM ambient lights in my 500 sport (dealer installed). something like seven colors (high and low settings). my wife and kids think the lights are the best part of the car. a must have!!
would it be possible for you to take a couple pics so we can see what it looks like? may be hard to get a pic that shows any sort of detail

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Someone did mention getting it as an option so do ask about it but I know it is an option if you want to get it now, just not sure if the dealer is actually offering as an installed option. I wished to clarify as my prior post may have been misleading, I hope this better explains things. As an example you can buy from Amazon which sells a few Fiat OEM parts at a somewhat reduced price than I have seen listed on other sites...see
http://www.amazon.com/FIAT-Ambient-Interior-Lighting-OEM/dp/B005EYZACK :)
$287.83 + $5.99 shipping
Looks like the OEM ones just plug in whereas aftermarket would likely require wire splices.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/FIAT-Ambient-Interior-Lighting-OEM/dp/B005EYZACK[/ame]

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Our has the ambient lighting which is very cool. It can be switched to multiple colors with two levels of intensity, or switched off.

The switch is located on the passenger side on top of the cup holder, very easy to access. It also lights the rear floor board.

I keep mine set to kryptonite. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts