Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

It's a first prototype and will have better clamps, but there is more to come. The sound is astounding. As soon as a have a final design, I'll dyno it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Looks nice and light... carbon fiber filter housing?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup CF. Made a lot of runs today and when I came back, the filter wasn't hot at all.

·
Registered
765 Posts
So is that hose going to the air flow sensor or is that just the case vent?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
thats for the crankcase breather. The Fiat intake system has no sensors or airflow meters in it. Most likely the ecu works off some sort of speed density system.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So just came back from another 1 hour run, mixed hwy and city. The sound is addicting, I was trying to find excuses to go somewhere every time I came back,lol. It sounds like a VTEC engine with a CAI mounted. Deep growl. Definitely more torque. Every time I was at a left turn, the wheels would spin and the car would slide a bit into the turn. Keep in mind that I have the auto and I was using the "tiptronic" manual feature, so imagine a manual.

I told my wife I was done for today and she asked me what exactly did I do. I told her to stand on the driveway and watch me pull to the light. I can see her eyes bugging out in the rear view as I pulled away. Of course she loves it. An exhaust would be crazy loud at this point and I've actually given up that idea for now.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will u be selling em to us!?

Sent from my Argento 500
Well, I want to change a bit of details in the design, add a surprise option and then that's the intention. I love doing this stuff.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
So just came back from another 1 hour run, mixed hwy and city. The sound is addicting, I was trying to find excuses to go somewhere every time I came back,lol. It sounds like a VTEC engine with a CAI mounted. Deep growl. Definitely more torque. Every time I was at a left turn, the wheels would spin and the car would slide a bit into the turn. Keep in mind that I have the auto and I was using the "tiptronic" manual feature, so imagine a manual.

I told my wife I was done for today and she asked me what exactly did I do. I told her to stand on the driveway and watch me pull to the light. I can see her eyes bugging out in the rear view as I pulled away. Of course she loves it. An exhaust would be crazy loud at this point and I've actually given up that idea for now.
GO LOUD!!! It will match your personality

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
How very Carbonio.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should have a clip up on youtube soon, uploading now. I had to cram my iphone between the headrest, so lots of bumpy road video.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When do
I get MINE!!!!!!

Sent from my Argento 500
I just made it today, patience. Lots of testing still and dynoing.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts