Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding back from Philadelphia at the moment. It's scary powerful and awesome, handles like not a single thing I've ever known.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Congrats! I heard an expression the other day and seeing your bike made me think of it. Goes something like this:

Q: How fast will she go?
A: As fast as you dare take her.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! This thing is insane. I've been riding since my high school years, tried my hands at racing, owned and crashed a liter bike, too. After 15 or so years, I went back riding, and building motorbikes a several years back. The newest bike before Panigale was from 1989, so I'm absolutely stunned by, I don't know, everything about this bike. I bought it near Philadelphia and rode back home to MA, so I learned a thing or two. It's so unhappy in traffic, hate cruising, super powerful, but oddly manageable, doesn't want to turn (you really have to commit to the corner, then it's amazing, but till then, it's not very collaborative, gingerly it does not like at all). Man, after any motorbike, but especially like this one, everything afterward has volume turned down. And like they say, you can't be sad on a motorbike, especially like this one.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I guy at my last job had just gotten one, I used to go out at lunchtime and just admire the oodles of cool little engineered bits on it everywhere. Truly a work of art. By the way, I own a Ducati 900 SSCR.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Very nice.

I always had a soft spot for Motto Guzzi's. The new bikes are very nice looking.

Kind of like an Italian BMW.

Tedolph

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guy at my last job had just gotten one, I used to go out at lunchtime and just admire the oodles of cool little engineered bits on it everywhere. Truly a work of art. By the way, I own a Ducati 900 SSCR.
Nice! I was actually looking for 900 SSCR (what a lovely bike, one of the most favorite things of mine) to fix and restore/mod when I first paid attention to 899 Panigale. I have no need for a bike like 899, but I just sort of fell in love with it, and now here it is. Sometimes, these things just happens...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yet another Italian in my little stable...1980 Moto Guzzi V50ii. I bought it last year from a lady who parked it for many moons. I totally overpaid for it, needed so so much work, but finally fired her up yesterday. Still needs much work left, but a bit of a milestone. Once sorted out, she's going to a new home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice!! How does it handle? I would own one here in in Chicago just a bit too dangerous to go as fast as I'd like ha

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice!! How does it handle? I would own one here in in Chicago just a bit too dangerous to go as fast as I'd like ha
899? It's awesome. Slow street corners not so great, but when you can load up the suspension properly, it's incredible. It's probably all the modern bikes (really, the only modern bike I know is my 899, all the rest of my bikes are pre-1989), but the chassis has so much grip and feel. It's really a shame that it's a bit too much bike for a street, I always feel wasting it, but it's such a pleasure to ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts