Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ha,ha... I opened this thread and the commercial popped up on the TV - that's just too freakin' cool!

I was rather ambivalent about the first one, but this one isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that she's got, she's still, she's still Jenny from the block"

... apparently

It's much better, though I find the "never forget your roots" angle a little played out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess it's better than the last one, but to me the concept is still all wrong. But I think I read that the first commercial (as much as I disliked it) did in fact generate hits on the website, so I guess anything that raises awareness at this point is a good thing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
the damage is done and I can't deal with people pointing and laughing anymore...

I am selling my J.Lo CDs post haste!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't get it. Isn't that the same neighborhood they drive the Chrysler 300C through in the Eminem film noir Imported From Detroit Ad? Not the same customer bro'.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ya, keep her driving, and not dancing, and all will be well... but I agree - a Sport doing its thing on a twisting hilly road would be good...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya, keep her driving, and not dancing, and all will be well... but I agree - a Sport doing its thing on a twisting hilly road would be good...
Yep, zooming thru the hills and turns while Dean Martin's That's Amore plays thru the Bose radio.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mJPCAEkcyqg

I give it high marks.
Why?
1) J Lo. Hot/hit
2) Excellent quality filming
3) Juxtaposition of the gritty Bronx with the cutesy car. Like a payday candy bar...a little salt cuts the sweetness.

So we have the car getting instant recognition and being associated with a star those who might buy it can associate with.

As for guys who now won't buy it because it is now branded a "chick" car, they can use the money they save and buy a set of balls. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts