Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clearly oversprayed at the factory that is
now chipping off around the small black inlet on the front of
the facia!

Happening on both left and right side!

Where's the quality control. I
afraid to even have this repainted. Bumpers never take right after the fact. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

I'm getting annoyed now!!

Back to the studio!!!

Sent from my Argento 500

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
texture of the paint or underlying surface looks rough from those pictures... could very well be resprayed.

I pick up my car tomorrow when i have it I will inspect and let you know.

Cheers

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yikes! to fix the the whole panel needs to be removed, stripped, sanded and then repainted. If they do a spot fix the spot fix will eventualy flake off. No issues with mine. How many miles did it have prior to purchase?

·
Registered
582 Posts
afraid to even have this repainted. Bumpers never take right after the fact. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
If the shop that paints the bumper knows what they are doing there shouldn't be any issues. I've had bumper touch ups done before and they always looked original after they were done.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yikes! to fix the the whole panel needs to be removed, stripped, sanded and then repainted. If they do a spot fix the spot fix will eventualy flake off. No issues with mine. How many miles did it have prior to purchase?
23 miles.

I tried to look for other signs of repaint but can't find any. if open the hood and look straight down you can see a round open area at the bottom of the
bumper that looks
like it has tape on and around the whole. Someone check and see if they see that on there's. I'll try get a picture.

I would almost prefer them try to
fix it. an after painted bumper never holds up. I'm pi$$ed!!!!!!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone else's drivers side strut tower look like this.

Left one too but right has lots of goofy looking crap like liquid metal

Sent from my Argento 500

Attachments

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Clearly oversprayed at the factory that is
now chipping off around the small black inlet on the front of
the facia!

Happening on both left and right side!

Where's the quality control. I

I'm getting annoyed now!!

Back to the studio!!!

Sent from my Argento 500
Mine looks like that too. Bad tape job. Not as bad as yours.
If if peels, under warranty.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Please other people check yours. Maybe my car was repainted and the studio never told me???

Seems strange to see overspray???

Anyone??

Fiat 500 Argento Sport
Fiat49:

It doesnt appear that the whole care was repainted.. based on the area of defect it does just look like over spray and just a mistake.. Im sure DI will agree and offer to repair the affected areas.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fiat49:

It doesnt appear that the whole care was repainted.. based on the area of defect it does just look like over spray and just a mistake.. Im sure DI will agree and offer to repair the affected areas.
I agree don't think car was repainted. Don't get me wrong I love my car and have been accused on the forum of trying to find fault but this is a NEW car.

Wheels should no flake,Badges delaminate, Doors shouldn't get permanent marks from normal use, Paint should not be flaking from the
nose!

It's just starting to add up to a negative overall experience having to go back to studio over and over then wait for digital imaging to make a call and then wait for a repair.

I dont believe this is the experience most get with a new car. I certainly have not had a similar experience with any previous new cars.

The car mechanically is great (knock on wood) the driving experience can not be beat. I just to wash my car on Sunday ONE time and not find a noticeable defect!

Sorry to vent and I do appreciate all your help Jonathan. I
will keep you posted of progress as we go forward.

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I agree don't think car was repainted. Don't get me wrong I love my car and have been accused on the forum of trying to find fault but this is a NEW car.

Wheels should no flake,Badges delaminate, Doors shouldn't get permanent marks from normal use, Paint should not be flaking from the
nose!

It's just starting to add up to a negative overall experience having to go back to studio over and over then wait for digital imaging to make a call and then wait for a repair.

I dont believe this is the experience most get with a new car. I certainly have not had a similar experience with any previous new cars.

The car mechanically is great (knock on wood) the driving experience can not be beat. I just to wash my car on Sunday ONE time and not find a noticeable defect!

Sorry to vent and I do appreciate all your help Jonathan. I
will keep you posted of progress as we go forward.

Sent from my Argento 500

49:

No problem at all...vent away.. this is my job; I'm just sorry that you have these issues (cosmetically, mechanically) that are keeping you from enjoying your vehicle. Ill always do what I can to help you restore that excitement of having a new car.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Jonathan the front of my car looks the same. Bad masking job, around the grill slot. Not as bad, as Fiat49. If it gets worst, I'll contact my studio. Thats what the warranty is for.

I wouldn't feel scratched up door the issue, or the fault of Fiat. I noticed that on the manufacture demo vehicle, last year, and the auto show cars. Keep your finger nails, clipped, and don't push open the car door with your feet. I super careful with my door panels. One cut mark, at the bottom of the door, when it was in for service last time. From someones foot, Thank You. I could make the studio replace it. They would most likely screw up something else. I'll write it off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just checked my car guys, low and behold its there same spot as you guys... UGH I love my car, I really dont want the bumper paint to flake off! seems like over a few years it would grow to a larger area, being in a high wind area

1 - 20 of 66 Posts