Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2016 500 pop owner here. I only received one key fob from the dealer when I bought the car used.
I have two questions.
Before I purchase another key fob, would it be possible to leave my key fob in the glove box, (within range of the ignition) and have a blank key made to lock/unlock doors and start the engine?
and secondly, if the car is locked/alarmed using the fob, will opening the car using a blank key disarm it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For what it's worth, shop around. I keep reading about people paying $300-400 for a fob. My local dealer initially quoted me $160 for the part and $80 to program, and came down to $120 for the part when I questioned the price. $200 still sucks, but it's better than some more modern cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it's worth, shop around. I keep reading about people paying $300-400 for a fob. My local dealer initially quoted me $160 for the part and $80 to program, and came down to $120 for the part when I questioned the price. $200 still sucks, but it's better than some more modern cars.
Yes, I forget the exact final cost but our dealer backed off considerably from what they originally quoted. So I got that going for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered a new key fob Monday from Champion Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM FIAT in Downey California and it arrived today. Fob comes with a precut key based on your vin number. I'm bringing the car and spare keyfob in tomorrow to get it programed. Replacement keyfob was $222 and programming $175. $397 total. I plan on keeping the spare keyfob in a secured magnetic keybox somewhere under the car. Keybox Here's my new to me 2016 5 speed Pop and my paramotor.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts