Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've held out this far, but a needed repair on my old car made me finally start looking 2 weeks ago, and after test driving a few cars at a few dealerships (and *almost* getting a Pop from Motor Village LA that wasn't *quite* what I wanted but was a good deal), I finally purchased an Espresso Sport today from Fiat of Downey, which I will be picking up early next week (they're not even technically open until Monday)

now to find a good place around Hollywood/Ktown to get the windows tinted and maybe a baby blue racing stripe :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
CONGRATS "Dr", on your soon to be purchase. I think you'll be VERY happy with your choice of a 500 Sport! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice. Yes tint... Baby Blue?

its an interesting idea...would have to see it in person to make a final determination. Did a quick PS to get an idea of the look

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I originally wanted manual, but after test driving it, I didn't like the clutch, so i decided to buy my first automatic

as for the baby blue stripe, I love the combination of a bit of light blue with dark browns, but i'm not sure how it'll look on a car - i'm just thinking about it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i'll try to find a tint shop that also does stripes and see how the colors look together before I actually do it - the car already looks pretty good without stripes, but I think it might be a good addition

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just picked the car up today, went to fill up at a local gas station before driving it back to LA, and I had someone asking me questions and another taking pictures while I was filling up (and that reminds me - I need to find a locking gas cap...)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice choice, I'm from Los Angeles too.
Hows the car holding up on these pothole infested roads? haha
Koreatown can be quite brutal, and I do have moments where I wished I had gone with the Pop I was considering due to suspension (and any considerations of lowering it are quickly thrown out the window), but it's such a fun car, I love driving it even in traffic, and it's an added bonus that every day, I get waves, smiles and questions - Who knew LA drivers could be so friendly?

as for the stop-and-go city traffic, I'm averaging less than 25 mpg in my daily commute (no freeway - I've gotten around 43 when resetting it for freeway-only trips), but I just turned on the EcoDrive yesterday, so I'll see what that tells me.

and as for the blue stripes (see earlier in thread), I've been looking at a few samples, but the large amount of red accents on the car are making me reconsider the blue :-(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts