Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday my girlfriend and I got a 500 sport. We got it from Fiat of Tacoma. I was in shocked that she wanted one at 1st. But these cars are bad *** little go karts :D. She signed up last night on here. I already ordered a HID kit and yellow bulbs for the fog lights (i am a light guru). Plans are going to be coilovers, tint and run some 4x100 wheels with some wobble bolts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why 4x100 wheels? There are some nice designs for the 500 made to fit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello, fellow Warshingtonian! :)
Also, fellow Puget Soundian. :)
I haven't done any mods to my 500 yet, but I'm hoping to start with an anti-sway bar. I'm happy with the horses right now, so just want more stability. I can always up the horses later. :)

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
Welcome to the forums and I am now on a bandwagon to have EVERYONE buy a ECU Tuner from Rob at RoadRaceMotorsports cause if you think it is a "bad *** little go kart" then you'll be doing backflips if you get the ECU tuner, WAY more fun and "go kart" like!!! Reminds me more of my Miata which is more powerful and was WAY more fun, now the 500 is right there making me smile more than before.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Welcome from Oregon. I love the pearl paint too. My tint was $180. I am running 7"x17"H40 Assetto Gara by Sparco with Yokohama S drive tires, I love them but they are noisier than the stock 15x6" H65's. Its very sure footed, you can yank it around corners. I am off to the body shop Friday for more body mods. look for new pis soon. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
yellow fog lights

" I already ordered a HID kit and yellow bulbs for the fog lights (i am a light guru)"

So where do you get yellow driving lights for the 500 Sport and the cost$:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I installed the HID kit today and the new fog light bulbs. They sent me the wrong head light bulbs. I think I got 8000k. they are really bulb. so im contacting them to send me 4300k or 5000k. But really big difference with these new bulbs.

Has anyone figured out how to run the fog lights on whenever you want? Also do they make different head light switches?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sweet looking Sport BrownBag. You two must have been in on my off day. I work at Fiat of Tacoma... and after seeing these for long enough, and going on enough test drives, I traded in my 330ci on a Sport too. The window tint makes a big difference with most of the colors. I put an intake on mine, and have the RRM timing controller on the way. If anyone is interested in looking, we just put the Mopar sway bar, intake, and exhaust on a black Sport.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mopar makes a sway bar? I saw the frame stiffener that fits over the engine, but not the sway bar. That's the one thing I'm wanting to start with on my 500. How much does that run?

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry, I misspoke... you're correct, it's more like a stiffening bar. I almost want to say they call it a handling bar.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ah. Darn. I guess I still have to wait for the RRM anti-sway. Should be good stuff, though.
I don't doubt that the stiffener helps a little. Some people have posted positive results. But, since it's such a small car, I don't think the value is there. I have extremely limited modding dollars. I'm happy with the horses for now, but would like to corner a bit flatter. I'm hoping an anti-sway will give me that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey BrownBag - The lights look sweet. had a chance to see when the car was here today. what did that run you.... for the fogs? headlights?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts