Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2014 500e with 58k miles on it. Runs great. Looks great. After two weeks, I’m loving this car! Tires must have been replaced recently, as I have loads of tread front and back. Ran the VIN to check on recalls and was told none outstanding. I bought the car in Mission Viejo, and when I left the lot I only had 75% charge. I needed to drive 41 miles over the mountains on the Ortega Highway (two lane road with many twists and turns). When I crested the mountain, I was down to 18% and 15 miles range. By the time I was down on the flats by Lake Elsinore, I was back up to 25% and as many miles. Pulled into my driveway at 12%.

I‘ve put about 200 miles on it since, and have had no range issues around town. I love this car!

Just thought I’d share and see if anyone has any advice for me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mean to say that this is my first EV and the only driving adjustment I’ve had to make is with breaking. When the car shifts from engine breaking to real brakes, the brakes are a little grabby. I’ve taught myself to ease off the brake right when I start to feel the switch. I assume this is normal?

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are some posts here about grabby brakes on the 500e. With AlphaOBD and a compatible interface you can re-train the brakes to make the transition smoother. Another common EV suggestion is hard braking from high speed, I assume to smooth out any minor corrosion or debris. I have a low milage late model and the transition isn't noticeable.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,002 Posts
The 500e specifically has no need for "hard braking from high speed" to clean any rust off the rotors, because they do that every time you brake below 6mph (when you feel them grab, & the right edge of the speedo goes from blue to green).

To recalibrate the grab, you need the $50 version of the AlfaOBD app.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts