Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start off my first post asking if there's any othere current dubbers concidering the abarth.

My requirements will be the abarth will have to come factory with at least a 160hp kit if not more " right now I have a stage 1 mk6" also I'm always gonna need to be Low 2" from the ground "static".

If your thinking of getting an abarth and drive a dub post some of your requirements.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had a tropic orange mkIV GTi when they first came out but have given up on VWs after owning 5 of them (2x mkII, 2x mkIII, and the mkIV). I would like to drop my 500 but I prefer to wait for the aftermarket to develop rather than be an early adopter. To be honest, sport mode provides more than enough motivation when I need to make evasive maneuvers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nine years later, after owning several GTIs, a R35, a V6 GLi, and two Sciroccos, I come across a request for a comparison between GTIs and a FIAT Abarth. Since the first generation GTIs have grown in size and weight. The final straw was VWoA dropping two door coupes for trunkless Jetta/GTIs. My 2017 Abarth is more driving excitement than my tail of the Dragon veteran 2015 GTI. Now FIAT has stopped importing 500s and I was given a now or never challenge and hav not been disappointed with my Abarth. If CarbonBuildup got his/her Abarth - let us know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a MK7 Golf R and bought a Fiat 500 as a second car for the GF.. If it was for my it would have been the Abarth. I think they're a great option if you don't need the extra back seat leg room. While its a lot less hp/tq, the vehicle is also a lot lighter.

It's a shame Fiat stopped bring the 500 to North America, but everyone here wants SUV's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mk4 GTI 1.8t, mk4 GLI 1.8t, mk4 R32, MkV GTI.. the Abarth felt a little lack luster to me to be honest- however I just tuned my Renegade 1.4T and I’m pretty sure a lightly tuned up Abarth would be beautiful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts