Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm presently looking at a 2014 Abarth 500, which is loaded, including having the Sunroof, which I'm not too keen with. Outside of the Sunroof, the car is fully loaded w/everything else I'd want, including leather seats.

Are there any issues or concerns w/the Sunroof on the Abarth, such as not working or leaking, etc.?

If I had a choice, I'd rather go w/o one. I've had them on other cars, and I've never even used them.

Also too, are there any negatives when it comes to the body structure not being as stiff as one w/a solid roof, such as racing and such? I've heard that sunroofs can be an issue w/some cars if you plan to race and such.

Thanks!

· Registered
14,435 Posts
I’ve had a power sunroof on my 500, for 11 years now. Make sure you lubricant the tracks, once a year. When completely open on the highway, it’s very noisy. It can act like a airplane wing, on really windy days. Body structure, isn’t issue at all. Nothing compromise structured wise. I wish the retractable sun shield was a little more effective. You will loose passenger headroom.

Other wise I love mine. Good luck on your decision.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying.
Another issue just popped up on that car. I'm suddenly told that it's been sold.
I've been speaking w/a salesman for over a week now, being told that it's being prepped, cleaned up, oil/filter being changed, etc., when all of a sudden, it's been sold.

· Registered
14,435 Posts
Thanks for replying.
Another issue just popped up on that car. I'm suddenly told that it's been sold.
I've been speaking w/a salesman for over a week now, being told that it's being prepped, cleaned up, oil/filter being changed, etc., when all of a sudden, it's been sold.
Check out cars.com. A lot of Abarth’s on the market. All years, and mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts