Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just signed up - not sure who all watched this site.

But just wanted to see if anyone else is getting a cold sholder from there dealer on info on when (or if its) on its way. My dealer only knows of 9 stock 500's coming in random colors - no info on if they are getting any Prima Edizione or if mine is in the queue.

So I called the Fiat call center, and all they could tell me is the dealer has all the info.... so now I'm in circles....

If these are starting to show up (like the one in Toronto) then someone must know something.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Sounds like the dealer is not really competent. Also you got probably not a highly compensated individual at the call center. I'm not a Prima Edizione, but I did already place an order. The dealers (the real dealers) have an online ordering system hooked into Fiat headquarters. The only thing that is not known is when the flow of deliveries will start here (I will just say East Coast until I have mine in the driveway.)

I think for cynical reasons the Management have already started delivery to Florida- because they know people in general don't start warming up to buying until the weather is nice. So they followed the nice weather and delivered the first models there, to get the East Coast pipeline started. Reports of one or two in Toronto, but that's for a whole country.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am getting nothing from the Concord California Dealer. Not even a return phone call or e mail. I
suspect the Chrysler/Fiat marriage is an unhappy one.

Calling 1 888 Ciao Fiat gets you a "the dealer will be calling you in two week' answer. They are beginning to sound like a bird: twoweeks! twoweeks!

It seems unlikely that someone does not know where these cars are. FedEX can tell you every time an envelope changes hands. I think I could keep track of the whereabouts of 500 cars on a single sheet of paper.

So whatever goodwill Fiat could have built up with these first few has gone by the wayside. They probably need to get in damage control mode or it will be another 30 years or so before they can try again. Sad because I had hopes for them. But we have enough home grown bad auto companies without having to import one.

But I did get a preview of a video today. I feel so special.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I wouldn't call the Chrysler/Fiat combination a marriage. Chrysler was bankrupt and had nothing but junk to offer in the way of a small car. The only way Fiat can compete is by building close by. According to what the dealer tells me, half of the Mexican-produced cars are headed South for Brazil. So that's just how the cookie crumbles. If you have $25,000 for a Mini, they will make you feel very welcome.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm having similar problems with the dealer in Costa Mesa. While cars were being delivered back east, my dealer kept telling me they had no info. The once helpful people in the Fiat USA center now play dumb. When I asked how cars could already be delivered back east when Calif didn't have cars they had no answer.
I think the dealers have to complete a number of items before they can accept cars and no one wants to admit that many dealers aren't ready yet. When I asked Fiat about it, they would only say that 63 dealers were approved for delivery now.
When I talked to my dealer yesterday, he asked if I knew what the price is. I told him $19,500, after Fiat USA told me that the price can't be changed. He then said that some Primas have different equipment so the price may differ. I think they're going to try and pad the sticker price, and they'll be in for a fight

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm having similar problems with the dealer in Costa Mesa. While cars were being delivered back east, my dealer kept telling me they had no info. The once helpful people in the Fiat USA center now play dumb. When I asked how cars could already be delivered back east when Calif didn't have cars they had no answer.
I think the dealers have to complete a number of items before they can accept cars and no one wants to admit that many dealers aren't ready yet. When I asked Fiat about it, they would only say that 63 dealers were approved for delivery now.
When I talked to my dealer yesterday, he asked if I knew what the price is. I told him $19,500, after Fiat USA told me that the price can't be changed. He then said that some Primas have different equipment so the price may differ. I think they're going to try and pad the sticker price, and they'll be in for a fight
I would expect them to try to pad the sticker price and you are right, you should put up a fight. I expect the price will remain at $19.5k and they will add any number of dealer stealer fees. With the supply the way it is they can always find another buyer for these particular PE cars. I am not hopeful that Fiat will make this experience very pleasant which would be a shame as they try to get back into a market that has a lot of other offerings.

It makes for good opera at this point though. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
True the MSRP of the PE is $19,500 but there are some extras some of us may have ordered. I ordered the sunroof ($850) and block heater ($50) so the price will go up a bit. Some dealers are adding another charge ($600) and calling it a "dealers charge" - I call it x-tra profit. Call a dealer who is not trying to rip you off and will not go above MSRP and have your car delivered there. Don't put up with being ripped off by the dealer. The good, honest dealers need to be thanked with our purchase from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
News Flash:
According to the PE page on Facebook:

"FIAT Lancia Unlimited member Shaun Folkerts takes delivery of the first FIAT 500 Prima Edizione at Criswell FIAT of Gaithersburg this morning!" - that would be today March 10 2011

1 - 12 of 12 Posts