Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 500x
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at hauling 2 mtn bikes. The roof option was something I wanted to do but without the rails from the factory I dont want it mounting around the edge of the door sills and damaging stuff up. Furthermore I wash my car often and a roof rack is a pain to work around.

I was thinking of going with a rear 2" receiver mount so I can use my KUAT bike rack. Anybody done this before? This is the hitch I was considering.
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hi...LUlaP4p38q6lIPpMWfdGQGJDIWLOL61UaApR4EALw_wcB

If anybody has photos of a bike rack on the rear of their 500x I would love to see it. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2016 500x
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a 2021 500x Trekking model and being told I can’t install receiver hitch because it’s a Trekking. Ugh! Dealership thinks it the placement of exhaust. I came here to see if anyone has ideas.
I heard that as well. Kind of glad now I dont have that model. I liked the options that come with the Trekking but the no hitch is a deal breaker for me. I need to get my bike around! Good luck and hopefully somebody has some options for a Trekking model.

·
Registered
2016 500x
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hitch has been ordered. Will post details as soon as it’s installed. I went with the Curt hitch because it does NOT require removal or lowering of the exhaust. Didn’t want the extra work.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
I have a Rhode Gear bike rack. I used it on my old Grand Cherokee. Which had, a 2 1/2” receiver. The bike rack has a 1 1/4” insert shaft. Road Gear provided a sleeve to place over the 1 1/4” so it would fit the 2 1/2” slot. Make up the size difference.

After we sold the Jeep, we installed the bike rack on to 1 1/4” receiver, on a Honda Fit. Used it for a while. We took off the sleeve adaptor off again. So it would fit.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

We sold the Honda Fit. My Daughter bought a Jeep renegade. With a 2 1/2” receiver. We put the sleeve back on. She uses it to carry her bikes around.

Since the 500X and renegade share the same platform. The 2 1/2” receiver hitch is perfect for the 500 X.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts