Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started about 4 days ago. Any movement i do and the seat starts squeaking like its 30 yrs old! only 2000 miles on the car and I'm not a heavy guy... WTF! :mad:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I am a heavy guy and mine squeaks too. I figured out a fix. I turn up the radio.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I fixed my squeaky seat by cranking it up more - just give it a try :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Had the squeaky seat issue as well, still not 100% solved....

On my car the rubber surround for the seat belt release mechanism was rubbing against the seat causing the squeak, so the dealer put a bit of fabric tape on the back of the seatbelt release, also replaced my armrest which was squeaky,

Now I'm left with a bit of a clicking noise, as if the seat has just a tiny bit of play in it and when the car hits a bump or if I lean forward in the seat and let it fall back, it makes a loud click noise, will talk to the dealer at service #2...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
181 Posts
this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. i thought it was the seat and it was bugging me so much that i had to pull over and check it out.
turns out it was the back seat that had been folded down and back up and wasnt completely latched so the metal rubbing on metal for the latch was causing a chirping sound.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
I have not had a car with a creak or squeaking and lastly chirping noise since the 80's thank God, that drives me around the bend. Hope you find a fix.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have not had a car with a creak or squeaking and lastly chirping noise since the 80's thank God, that drives me around the bend. Hope you find a fix.
Tell me about it... I feel like I'm driving the beat up 84' caddy I drove in high school

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: took the car to the studio and they just called me to say they are replacing the whole back of the seat! They ordered it and will take 2 weeks to get here. The lady said it really did sound like an old motel mattress LOL
I'll let you guys know the outcome when the part gets here...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I fixed mine by moving it up a single lever pull. No more squeak.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine was bad! could hear it over the radio with volume at ~25
and was still there no matter what position the seat was in... I'm on my way to the dealer to pick it up while the part gets here so I'll have more info as to what was wrong with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts