·
Registered
2,574 Posts

Wheel: 17" BBS CS Machined Anthracite | Offset: 30 | Bolt pattern: 4/98
Tire: 215/35/17

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Those 17" wheels look great, but IMHO lowering is a must with larger wheels.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
For something that looks so nice it is ashame they have to be so heavy!
Agreed, these look great but a set of OZ ultraleggeras at 15 lbs each is much more appealing to me. Shaving 5 lbs per corner over the stock sport wheels is a huge difference, especially because it's rotational mass.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You also need to consider where the weight is in the wheel. 16s and 17s carry more weight further out from the hub due to the obvious size difference. While it's unsprung weight, it's also often times further from the hub and negating reduction.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You also need to consider where the weight is in the wheel. 16s and 17s carry more weight further out from the hub due to the obvious size difference. While it's unsprung weight, it's also often times further from the hub and negating reduction.

Yeah that is a good point for sure. I had a 04 svt focus. I stripped it down and reduced the wheel weight by 2 lbs a corner and the difference was pretty noticeable. I think shaving 5 lbs a corner on a car this size will be a good upgrade regardless of where the weight is being reduced from

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Agreed, these look great but a set of OZ ultraleggeras at 15 lbs each is much more appealing to me. Shaving 5 lbs per corner over the stock sport wheels is a huge difference, especially because it's rotational mass.
I wish 949 Racing would do a set for the FIAT, I have a set of their rims and I believe they are 12.5 per, strong but very light. My biggest issue with the OZ rims is the size tire you get to select is fairly limiting, otherwise it is my ideal wheel since it fits, looks nice, and weighs less than more (possibly all) offered FIAT rims (not counting those that use wobble bolts)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts