Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a set of steel wheels to mount snow tires on for trips out of state in the winter (doesnt snow much...err...at all where I am). There doesnt seem to be any for sale. All I can find are aluminum sports rims.

2 issues...first I dont want to pay 100+ per rim, and secondly aluminum wheels arent real fond of road salt

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I was looking for a set of steel wheels to mount snow tires on for trips out of state in the winter (doesnt snow much...err...at all where I am). There doesnt seem to be any for sale. All I can find are aluminum sports rims.

2 issues...first I dont want to pay 100+ per rim, and secondly aluminum wheels arent real fond of road salt
i think the least expensive way will be, used 4/100 steelie from a tire shop with wobble bolts!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I would LOVE to have a set of steel wheels in 16" that look like the ones on this hot little number. paint them the same color as my 500....now THAT would be RETRO!!! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I go to a tire/wheel dealer this week and 15" steel wheel for a fiat 500 its 60$ CDN/wheel.

(no 14" for the moment)

P.S.I will put 14 or 15" wheel for winter season...no 16"

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
hey Mike....you're in Tampa for Gods sake. how much 'road salt' could you possibly get on a few out of state trips??? :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bumping this as I am considering getting a set for the winter. Any updates as to where to find a plain steel rim?

·
Registered
181 Posts
there was a member on the forums that was selling a set of steel wheels from a pop that i almost bought.
also, 500madness sells a set of 4 for $200 if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you Foliveira! I will have to check with my dealer or order from 500Madness. Looks like 500Madness is going to be getting a nice order from me! ;-)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have a set with steel wheels WITH covers. I want $200 plus shipping which I estimate to be about $80 (just a guess). Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts