Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm in Ravenswood. Parked around here I've seen one other black Sport and a red Lounge is often parked on Irving Park near the Ravenswood line stop.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Ravenswood. Parked around here I've seen one other black Sport and a red Lounge is often parked on Irving Park near the Ravenswood line stop.
Nice! Good to know I'm not alone here! I've only seen a few around town also.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm in Portage park myself.
I just got back from there in the Fiat - I was at City Newsstand just now. Auto Italia has a comparo on the different Fiat 500 variants and I think they're the only shop in the city that carries it.

Are you planning any upgrades to yours?
Currently in a holding pattern, deciding whether I want to take a bath on my car and order an Abarth. If I decide to keep it, I'll add RRM's ECU Timing Controller (already purchased, $329, but not yet installed), Eibach Pro Kit $259), and Stage I Power Pack ($829). If I go the full monty, I'll add Stance Mindset wheels with Gold Centers (16x8, $979) and Club Sportivo stripes ($250), which would look much better on a Nero 500 than the Rosso they've got on their web site. ;)

But I haven't really thought about it...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just in case I haven't already told you this...'Yeah, RIGHT!':)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got back from there in the Fiat - I was at City Newsstand just now. Auto Italia has a comparo on the different Fiat 500 variants and I think they're the only shop in the city that carries it.

Currently in a holding pattern, deciding whether I want to take a bath on my car and order an Abarth. If I decide to keep it, I'll add RRM's ECU Timing Controller (already purchased, $329, but not yet installed), Eibach Pro Kit $259), and Stage I Power Pack ($829). If I go the full monty, I'll add Stance Mindset wheels with Gold Centers (16x8, $979) and Club Sportivo stripes ($250), which would look much better on a Nero 500 than the Rosso they've got on their web site. ;)

City News is great! They have every magazine known to man. Its actually about 5 blocks away from me.
As far as the upgrades, I was also going to order the RRM intake and timing controller. I considered getting the Abarth, but I'm not about to sell my soul for it! Ive got bikes if I need to go fast! lol! I'm going to fab something up for my exhaust. I've got a welder and I'm not afraid to use it!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
you have a very active local chapter of "FLU" (Fiat, Lancia Unlimited) in your area named "FUN" (Fiats Up North). their members are Fiat owners, not only the new 500 but the older ones such as the 124 Spiders as well. their area, if I remember correctly, encompasses northeastern Illiniois, western Michigan and northwestern Indiana.

come the Fall of 2012, "FUN" will be joining OUR local chapter of FLU (CIICA) for our annual Fall Drive. this year we'll be in western Indiana, in and around Turkey Run State Park.

if you're looking to get with other 500 owners, you might contact "FUN" and check out their events they have planned. I think you can find them on "meetup" :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just moved to town (Lake View / Lincoln Park area) with my Nero Pop. This thing rules the city for parking and mid-street u turns.

I'd be into a cars and coffee type meet for sure.

Where does everyone get their worked on around here?

No mods yet, but I'm already getting close to 19k on the odo and intend to do some upgrades when I get slightly bored. Stage I turbo ideas?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just moved to town (Lake View / Lincoln Park area) with my Nero Pop. This thing rules the city for parking and mid-street u turns.

I'd be into a cars and coffee type meet for sure.

Where does everyone get their worked on around here?

No mods yet, but I'm already getting close to 19k on the odo and intend to do some upgrades when I get slightly bored. Stage I turbo ideas?
With the trans being weak, i wouldn't attempt a turbo imo.

What kind of work are you talking about?
Aftermarket add on? Or dealership?

Meetup sounds good. But wait till better weather or?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Id say wait for better weather. Its icky outside still. If everyone wanted to meet up, i would go, but the thought of freezing my buns off while being outside is kinda meh haha.

Id say once it gets up around a consistent 50-60 degrees, that would probably be better.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts