Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the pic...

It's from the Fiat accessories website. Has anyone bought/installed these? How do they look? Is the fit tight? Do they REALLY look OEM?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I looked that part up on a Fiat parts site and I think the photo is misleading. These are the photos from a different factory parts site, "rear seat cover". It's hard to tell which parts are included. Ask for the installation instructions before purchasing (or look for a youtube).
1575152202296.png 1575152024448.png 1575152250770.png 1575152284186.png

I've purchased seat covers like this and they look OK, but usually bag every time you sit. I have a couple I slip on before taking the dogs afield. The term gets confusing because some covers are that... a throw cover held in place by elastic bands or Velcro. Fiat does sell true seat covers, but the parts are $300 to $500 per panel (4 panels plus head and arm rests). For a factory look, that's what you want, though. Since you remove the factory cover and install the new, they do have the look/feel of factory installed. I have seen a couple cars with slip-on covers that look OK, but never quite factory. Coverking sells a nice product.

My friend bought a set, IIRC from leatherseats.com, for his Mazda. It took a few hours, but when he was done the car looked factory new again. They aren't cheap. Basic leather seats run about $800 (before 10% off Black Friday). That's considerably cheaper than another co-worker. They bought a Toyota SUV and leather was not an option. Her husband had custom leather put in, but it was over $3K. This is a video showing how to install the replacement covers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts