Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not crazy on the grey of my Prima, thinking of wrapping it with vinyl. I have the auto climate. How is the dash removed? I've searched, but no dice
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I agree, the gray prima dash is dull. I just bought a new red dash from dealer. Less than $300 for all parts.

I found this on how to remove dash:

"First you need to pry off the bezel around the AC controls. The flat part that surrounds them. Underneath that you will find two 25 torx screws. Then open the glove box, inside there you will find under the air vent another 25 torx screw. Remove the three screws and simply and gently pry the cover off. That takes care of the right side. Now you won't believe the left it just needs to be gently pryed off. There are clips only on that side. Wish I had pictures I haven't done it as of yet. Still only a thought in the back of my head. Hope this helps. Service tech said it was easy to remove.

I would recomend a soft pry tool made out of plastic so that you don't scratch anything. Just a note."

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
sjmst - Thanks for posting this. It helped.
I just wanted to add to them (in red):

First you need to pry off the bezel around the AC controls. The flat part that surrounds them. Underneath that you will find two 25 torx screws. Then open the glove box, inside there you will find under the air vent another 25 torx screw. Remove the three screws and simply and gently pry the cover off. The cover will still be held to the dash by the cord for the 3 center buttons (sport, hazard, & defrost. Unplug the cord or with a phillips screw driver remove the 3 screws that hold that to the plastic cover. There's also a screw that holds the right air vent to the plastic cover. Don't forget to unscrew that before trying to pop out the vent. That takes care of the right side. Now you won't believe the left it just needs to be gently pryed off. There are clips only on that side. Wish I had pictures I haven't done it as of yet. Still only a thought in the back of my head. Hope this helps. Service tech said it was easy to remove.

I would recommend a soft pry tool made out of plastic (hard plastic putty knife also works) so that you don't scratch anything. Just a note.

- - - - -

This is as far as dash will come off without unhooking or unscrewing the 3 buttons (sport, hazard, & defrost) in the middle of the panel. This is also a good time to straighten the radio. Mine was pushed in too far on the right so I pulled it out some to be flush with the cover.
View attachment 3907

I made the mistake of snapping the new dash panel on (seen in the first pic below) without the right vent installed. Then i realized there was a screw holding the vent to the old cover that needed to be removed. The vent on the smaller left side cover just snaps in.

dash2.JPG View attachment 3909

1 - 5 of 5 Posts