Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if we could order the PINK Breast cancer edition stripe from Parts dept?

Any online fiat parts dealer we can call for the part # and price?

I really like the stripe but don't want any aftermarket one..

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
WMO168:

I contacted a local Fiat studio Macomb, MI (Fiat of Lakeside) and spoke with the parts department. The Pink editions of the vehicle have a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon applied on the rear of the vehicle, but the stripe itself is pink with the 500 logo. They had a vehicle on their lot with this package on it, but could not locate a part number or a price at this time. I have requested that they contact me directly if it becomes published. You can always contact your local studio for this infomation as it becomes available. You may also look online for aftermarket suppliers of appliques.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local dealer has 3 on the lot and I also wrote down the VIN # and went to their parts department, they said they able to locate the car with the VIN and is the Pink Breast cancer edition. However futher drill down in the computer and they cannot locate the diagram or part number.Interesting enough the GUCCI Edition does have the diagram and part number and the Gucci stripe are available for ordering at about $50 a piece (per panel), so it comes out to about $400,.. so for those who want the OEM looks of the GUCCI you can order those from parts department and have it apply...For the PINK EDITION, I don't know why the computer hasn't shown it yet but I will check to see if they update it in a month or something. As someone need to repair the car will need new DECAL .... Thanks Jonathan!!!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Anyone know if we could order the PINK Breast cancer edition stripe from Parts dept?

Any online fiat parts dealer we can call for the part # and price?

I really like the stripe but don't want any aftermarket one..

WMO168: I replied to your private message:

These vehicles are special editions and those appliques are called
"upfits." They do not make them available to be applied to other 500
model vehicles as an accessory in order to keep those made from the
factory as breast cancer awareness models, "special editions." There is
more to those special editions than the appliques, so to limit the
availability of the appliques to just those editions, keeps that vehicle
a limited model. However, just because the you cant get the applique
from the Mopar or the factory, doesn't mean you cant customize your
vehicle. You could visit any sublet or independent vinyl decal shop and have one make to order.
Unfortunately, this is the only way around it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
WMO168: I replied to your private message:

These vehicles are special editions and those appliques are called
"upfits." They do not make them available to be applied to other 500
model vehicles as an accessory in order to keep those made from the
factory as breast cancer awareness models, "special editions." There is
more to those special editions than the appliques, so to limit the
availability of the appliques to just those editions, keeps that vehicle
a limited model. However, just because the you cant get the applique
from the Mopar or the factory, doesn't mean you cant customize your
vehicle. You could visit any sublet or independent vinyl decal shop and have one make to order.
Unfortunately, this is the only way around it.
I understand what 'Jonathon' is saying, BUT as an OE supplied part on that model, they MUST make the stripes available as a replacement in the event of an accident or other type of damage.

the Prima Edizione's are a perfect example: other than the dash plaque with the Production # on it, ALL off the badges, stripes and decals are available to anyone that has the $$ to purchase them.

I believe I now have the correct part number for the kit but I want to confirm that with FIAT first. I will post the info tomorrow (Friday) for anyone that is interested.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I understand what 'Jonathon' is saying, BUT as an OE supplied part on that model, they MUST make the stripes available as a replacement in the event of an accident or other type of damage.

the Prima Edizione's are a perfect example: other than the dash plaque with the Production # on it, ALL off the badges, stripes and decals are available to anyone that has the $$ to purchase them.

I believe I now have the correct part number for the kit but I want to confirm that with FIAT first. I will post the info tomorrow (Friday) for anyone that is interested.
F500:

The information I supplied came straight from our parts expeditors. A person that doesn't have that edition fiat cannot order the decal/applique package through mopar for their basic fiat 500 sport or lounge. If you find another way, please provide.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
F500: The information I supplied came straight from our parts expeditors. A person that doesn't have that edition fiat cannot order the decal/applique package through mopar for their basic fiat 500 sport or lounge. If you find another way, please provide.
So you are saying she needs to locate an actual Pink Breast Cancer edition and get the VIN and then drive to the dealer and tell them her Pink car needs a new stripe and give the VIN from the actual BC edition, of course driving to the dealer in a different car so as not to give away that she isn't actually a non BC edition owner. I'm sure that shouldn't work and you aren't saying that cause they'll know it is a lie but it'd be nice if it was that easy.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Tweak:

What I am saying is that according to our parts expeditors from Mopar.. an owner of the BC edition can only have it ordered if it is needed for replacement due to defect or from an accident. They have to be an owner of a BC edition. These decals/appliques are not available to order as an accessory for someone with a base 500 to make their vehicle look like a BC edition. Her best option is to have an independent company make the decal for her.. it would probably be cheaper anyway.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
F500:

The information I supplied came straight from our parts expeditors. A person that doesn't have that edition fiat cannot order the decal/applique package through mopar for their basic fiat 500 sport or lounge. If you find another way, please provide.
here is the info 'straight from Mopar Specifying':

"the Pink Ribbon Stripes will not be available until late in the 1st quarter (late March)" this info was passed on from the Mopar Accessory Group, who will be handling them, onto Mopar Specifying. I have opened a Specifying Case (#12037102) and Specifying will notify me with a part number once they are available.

at this time, even if someone that owns a Pink Ribbon model has an accident, the replacement stripe is not available to them.

as soon as I have a part number and pricing, I'll post it. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I think there's some confusion between "Expediting" and "Specifying". "Expediting" can only speed up an existing order whereas "Specifying" will supply you with a part number that is not shown in the EPC so that you can place an order.

in this particular case, there are no part numbers assigned for the stripes, therefore "Specifying" must first obtain a part number from engineering. once they have a part number, they will pass it on to me per my case number and then, if needed, I can ask "Expediting" to expedite the order. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think there's some confusion between "Expediting" and "Specifying". "Expediting" can only speed up an existing order whereas "Specifying" will supply you with a part number that is not shown in the EPC so that you can place an order.

in this particular case, there are no part numbers assigned for the stripes, therefore "Specifying" must first obtain a part number from engineering. once they have a part number, they will pass it on to me per my case number and then, if needed, I can ask "Expediting" to expedite the order. :)

Thanks for the grammar lesson

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Thanks for the grammar lesson
sorry, wasn't trying to correct anyones grammar. they are just two entirely different departments with two entirely different purposes. I was only trying to clarify each of their purposes so not to confuse anyone.

no ill will intended towards anyone. sorry if anyone was offended.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Tweak: What I am saying is that according to our parts expeditors from Mopar.. an owner of the BC edition can only have it ordered if it is needed for replacement due to defect or from an accident. They have to be an owner of a BC edition. These decals/appliques are not available to order as an accessory for someone with a base 500 to make their vehicle look like a BC edition. Her best option is to have an independent company make the decal for her.. it would probably be cheaper anyway.
Only kidding, I think the best solution is to have one made, IF they have a method to order one then the other option is to tell a lie and hope for the best or find an owner of the BC and have them look into getting one, now that I have read other replies though since my last reply and your reply I definitely think it best to create one although the person stated she'd rather have a real one. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having one custom made would be more costly then to order a replacement part. I know both point of the argument is valid, we will see how this turns out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Only kidding, I think the best solution is to have one made, IF they have a method to order one then the other option is to tell a lie and hope for the best or find an owner of the BC and have them look into getting one, now that I have read other replies though since my last reply and your reply I definitely think it best to create one although the person stated she'd rather have a real one. :)

Tweak and to all:

I truly think this is the best option right now. I have received no further information regarding availability. I would check around at different places, I'm sure, as in most cases, she would find the decal/applique less expensive than ordering the whole package and having the studio apply. No harm in checking around.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
here is the info 'straight from Mopar Specifying':

"the Pink Ribbon Stripes will not be available until late in the 1st quarter (late March)" this info was passed on from the Mopar Accessory Group, who will be handling them, onto Mopar Specifying. I have opened a Specifying Case (#12037102) and Specifying will notify me with a part number once they are available.

at this time, even if someone that owns a Pink Ribbon model has an accident, the replacement stripe is not available to them.

as soon as I have a part number and pricing, I'll post it. :)
F500:

It looks like we are receiving conflicting information, from parties involved, but regardless, if they supply you with information, thank you for posting it, so that I will be able to verify it. This has peeked my interest.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Tweak and to all:

I truly think this is the best option right now. I have received no further information regarding availability. I would check around at different places, I'm sure, as in most cases, she would find the decal/applique less expensive than ordering the whole package and having the studio apply. No harm in checking around.
this strikes me odd that someone from FIAT would recommend that a customer go elsewhere for their parts, even if it is a stripe. it appears to me that the customer is in no hurry to get this done and will only be satisfied if the stripe is "OE".

in my position, if I were to recommend a customer go 'aftermarket' over working with them on an OE part, I would probably be fired. with FIAT struggling with sales, one would think that FIAT would want every opportunity to sell their parts over the aftermarket.

so as a dealership employee myself, I am hurt and find it odd that you of all people are sending business away from those that need it most.......you very own FIAT Studios.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree, see another thread about a customer want a GUCCI stripe and they went after market for all the trouble and it does look horrible and it doesnt cost much less then ordering the real OEM stripe which is available $400 total....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
this strikes me odd that someone from FIAT would recommend that a customer go elsewhere for their parts, even if it is a stripe. it appears to me that the customer is in no hurry to get this done and will only be satisfied if the stripe is "OE".

in my position, if I were to recommend a customer go 'aftermarket' over working with them on an OE part, I would probably be fired. with FIAT struggling with sales, one would think that FIAT would want every opportunity to sell their parts over the aftermarket.

so as a dealership employee myself, I am hurt and find it odd that you of all people are sending business away from those that need it most.......you very own FIAT Studios.

I was only trying to help the individual that was interested in the stripe itself, if she didn't want to take the advise and wait for something that may never show up as an accessory. She can choose what she wants to do. You comments have been noted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts