Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else on the forum have issues with the key fob not locking the car until the dome light fades out I find that the most annoying thing about this car. Every time I go out of the car shut the door I have to wait for the domelight to fade out otherwise clicking on the lock button on the remote key fob does absolutely nothing until 2 seconds after the lights fade out. Am I the only one with this problem or is it normal to be like that?

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I just tested this theory I disabled the dome light where it’s always in the off position no matter if the doors open or closed in now it locks immediately after I exit the car. So it obviously has something to do with the dome lights.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,354 Posts
Does anyone else on the forum have issues with the key fob not locking the car until the dome light fades out
Sorry for the delay. I finally tested my 2013 & it locks with the fob immediately after closing the driver's door, regardless of the dome light switch setting of "door", "off", or "on".

I would have immediately replied "no", except that for stealth/power-saving
I have my dome light set to "off", & usually use the key to lock without the beep.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay. I finally tested my 2013 & it locks with the fob immediately after closing the driver's door, regardless of the dome light switch setting of "door", "off", or "on".

I would have immediately replied "no", except that for stealth/power-saving
I have my dome light set to "off", & usually use the key to lock without the beep.
So what you’re saying is mine has a problem of some kind linked to the dome lights which is odd.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,354 Posts
Possibly...

To lock my 2013 it requires both doors fully shut. The hatch can be open though, & it fully locks even if the hatch is only 1 click shut, which I do to lock the stock cord inside while charging.

It will NOT lock with the fob unless BOTH doors are TWO clicks shut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone else on the forum have issues with the key fob not locking the car until the dome light fades out I find that the most annoying thing about this car.
1. Are your dome lights LED or bulbs?

2. Try to bring you key fob close to the left (driver) vertical bar (where the windshield meets left door), and press the button. The receiving antenna is inside that bar.

The main idea is that EMI from the wires to dome lighs interfere with the antenna, while the light is ON.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts