Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have decided 100% to buy a Sport in Verde Oliva with a stick. The dealer I talked to said that the sticker was the price, no wiggle room whatsoever.

I may be 25, but I'm old fashioned and I've even see scions drop the price a little even though they had "no haggle pricing"

Has anyone paid below MSRP? I want the car, but don't want to pay MSRP!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have decided 100% to buy a Sport in Verde Oliva with a stick. The dealer I talked to said that the sticker was the price, no wiggle room whatsoever.

I may be 25, but I'm old fashioned and I've even see scions drop the price a little even though they had "no haggle pricing"

Has anyone paid below MSRP? I want the car, but don't want to pay MSRP!
I bought the exact car. It's MSRP if you're ordering...$500 accessory option rebate if you can get it applied.

You can get a discount on the initial makes that are on the lot, the ones w/o the Blue & Me.

Good thing you're not buying a Nissan Juke, you'd be gouged way over invoice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the dealer about the accessory thing and he either played (or was) dumb. Then I called Fiat USA and they said no dice for Mid-atlantic region (I'm in PA).

I am going to buy the car, I love it. I'm just so ingrained in the MRSP = Sucker Price thing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
paying the Fiat 500 MSRP might suck but I think it will be worth it although paying less is always better. once you get your fiat 500, take some pictures and post it up!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so the general consensus is that no one paid below MSRP. I can live with that. I just didn't want to fall for any tricks.

I'll haggle em hard and deep on my trade in.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I called the dealer about the accessory thing and he either played (or was) dumb. Then I called Fiat USA and they said no dice for Mid-atlantic region (I'm in PA).

I am going to buy the car, I love it. I'm just so ingrained in the MRSP = Sucker Price thing.
How close are you to Ohio? $500 worth it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Philadelphia....unfortunately that's not worth it for me :(
Sold some stock and stuff today so once that all goes through I'm going to make an appointment to come pick the car up (the one I want is 100 miles away)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm 22 and got a nice chunk off the msrp. I told the dealer that I knew the owner and family of the competing dealership in town. I actually do know them quite well, just at the time their dealership didn't have the exact car I wanted and I wasn't willing to wait 3 months.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bought a 500 Lounge Convertible and got $500 off MSRP plus they wanted $400 for the body stripe and I got them down to $200 for a total of $700. Absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Philadelphia....unfortunately that's not worth it for me :(
Sold some stock and stuff today so once that all goes through I'm going to make an appointment to come pick the car up (the one I want is 100 miles away)
Bummer. You can still push for it, we know it's already been done in FL. Don't let the dealer know where you live and just walk if they say no, then go grab a sandwich and come back if they haven't stopped you on your way out. You can always come back.

If the Great Lakes deal can be struck in FL, PA shouldn't be a problem.

Remember, dealers play games but bottom line is they want to sell cars.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Way below MSRP, and got window tinting, and mud flaps thrown in.

And after the fact I got Fiat to thrown in $500 extra for accessories. Best deal I've even done on a car!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts