Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That car looks pretty good, 200hp rear wheel drive 2650lbs....may be the best under 30k sports car to come around...ya no turbo but im sure a sti will follow it up with 250hp...but do u really need it...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sti will be close to that..prob is too much hp and the car becomes uncontrolable and u can really use it. thats why i like the 500, 90% of the time its fine and i get to rev it up. my mustang was fast but boring..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Design wise not impressed but for Toyota and its current bland lineup it's alright. I understand it was a joint project with Subaru but to make both cars look identical makes no sense. I guess this will be the first non 4WD Subaru vehicle or will their variant have 4WD?

·
Registered
222 Posts
At 28k, I believe, it's a good deal. It will be weird to cross-shop the Scion/Subie twins. Though it appears to have a completely useless back seat from what I have seen of it. If I'm going to have that, I'd prefer as small a car as possible like the Abarth; otherwise, you're just paying for (in add'l weight and $$) a bigger shelf for your gym bag.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Joe, won't the Scooby be more expensive, since it's awd? Don't forget about the $3k gold BBS rim option. :rolleyes:

It's nice to see the sport compact area having a renaissance of sorts. Focus ST will be coming out next year, and the Volvo C30 (not sure why that didn't catch on more - it's a well-rounded car) will be having a tuning package as well. Now, if Honda could get its act together, revise the Si, and bring over a CR-Z with the Si's engine, we'd be talking some serious fun with upcoming test drives in 2012.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think this will blow away a focus st or civic si or i hate to say a abarth, the rwd is the key it drives so much better.... Ill be puting a deposit down just to hold one, i think they will be popular...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think this will blow away a focus st or civic si or i hate to say a abarth, the rwd is the key it drives so much better.... Ill be puting a deposit down just to hold one, i think they will be popular...
For me, living in the Northeast, buying another RWD for my daily driver is a no-no, I've learned my lesson. Besides, I've seen plenty of Minis in autox action, and I'm more interested in handling and quickness than overall top end, so a light (well, for these bloated times we live in) FWD car is the ticket.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
That car looks pretty good, 200hp rear wheel drive 2650lbs....may be the best under 30k sports car to come around...ya no turbo but im sure a sti will follow it up with 250hp...but do u really need it...
Note to Administrator or Moderator: maybe move this thread to a more appropriate one, such as 'off topic'?

the Subaru doesn't really have anything to do with "500 General Discussion" topics. thanks. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts