Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ceiling of a factory equipped moonroof makes the ceiling too low, but when I had a RAV4 I had an aftermarket push-out one put in.....I'm curious if this is anything that anyone else has thought about......

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The loss of headroom was why I didn't get the sunroof. In the 2012's - the passenger seat has no vertical adjustment and my taller friends cannot fit.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
I think Tedolph added a sunroof to his 500 but I am not certain.
He has a aftermarket power, sunroof .

I have the factory power sunroof. You don't get roof grab handles. The Bose subwoofer is under the passenger seat. That seat sits higher too. With the Beats system, you loose cargo space.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would consider one if it was professionally done and looks good and wouldn't leak , also if I don't loose headroom. I road in my buddies abarth with the sunroof and I didn't fit I had to slide down a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had one put on my old 94 Pontiac Sunbird and I loved it. I had one in my last, a factory job on my CRV. Kinda miss it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I seem to remember seeing somewhere a list of which Webasto roofs would fit the 500, and it was basically only one of their smallest ones.

EDIT:

They have a configurator and it states only the 321/322 are available for the Abarth. That's their standard "Full Feature" roof that's first on the page previously linked.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I seem to remember seeing somewhere a list of which Webasto roofs would fit the 500, and it was basically only one of their smallest ones.

EDIT:

They have a configurator and it states only the 321/322 are available for the Abarth. That's their standard "Full Feature" roof that's first on the page previously linked.
Oh yeah I see that now. The rag top doesn't even fit. Those sunroofs look not bad at all. Looks like it doesn't take much headroom out cause they don't slide in , only slide out. Do they not just pop up though? Or it's only full open and full close.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Of course Tedolph did! Is there anything Tedolph has not done?

Tedolph
Have you run around North Pole topless while your shorts on fire while screaming hallelujah while screaming into your phone how much you enjoy making love to a baby seal?

I thought so.

Joking aside, how do you like the sunroof? It looks really good.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Have you run around North Pole topless while your shorts on fire while screaming hallelujah while screaming into your phone how much you enjoy making love to a baby seal?

I thought so.

Joking aside, how do you like the sunroof? It looks really good.
Yes, in fact I did!

How did you know!

The sunroof is great, not cheap though. But, you can fit a standard roof rack next to it, etc. which you can not do with an OEM FIAT roof. Unlike the OEM roof, it actually gives you more headroom.

It is a Webasto Hollandia.

Expect to spend about $800.00.

Tedolph

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like it but I wouldn't do it because you loose chassis stiffness and add weight in the wrong places

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
He has a aftermarket power, sunroof .

I have the factory power sunroof. You don't get roof grab handles. The Bose subwoofer is under the passenger seat. That seat sits higher too. With the Beats system, you loose cargo space.
Of course Tedolph did! Is there anything Tedolph has not done?

Hollandia 300:

Tedolph
Thank you both. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
The sunroof is great, not cheap though. But, you can fit a standard roof rack next to it, etc. which you can not do with an OEM FIAT roof. Unlike the OEM roof, it actually gives you more headroom.

It is a Webasto Hollandia.

Expect to spend about $800.00.

Tedolph
How long did the installation take? Do you remember where the installation was done?

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
I like it but I wouldn't do it because you loose chassis stiffness and add weight in the wrong places

Where do you get these ideas from? The part of the roof that is cut out is almost aluminum foil thin. None of the cross members or structural members are removed, just as with the OEM sun roof.

Tedolph

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
How long did the installation take? Do you remember where the installation was done?

It took two days. It was done at a shop within walking distance of the Studio where I bought it. The dealer sends their own cars to get done if the customer wants a sun roof.

Tedolph

1 - 20 of 20 Posts