Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. About to get my hands on a used Abarth. But I have just noticed the Blue&me fiasco that offers less functionality of BT than a standard one.
As I did my research, all simple and cheap BT receivers that plug into USB and AUX port work to some extents of A2DR but have following caveats: different audio level with radio, no steering wheel control, and sound that just equals the radio output and not taking advantage of the bose/beats 6 speakers system that the CD player is using.

I then came upon something called GROM. Although it is expensive, it seems to fix every problem I listed here, provided that I have space to install it. As I am reading its instructions, it said about “taking out your factory radio.” I am utterly confused. Does this mean trading the car radio with BT streaming?
Has anyone used GROM with Fiat before? What are the tradeoffs?
Having a working BT streaming is my bottom line and I really want Abarth to work!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I bought you were pondering if Honda Grom would fit in Abarth, like Motocompo in City. That would be exciting.

GROM bluetooth module though, all I know about it is from this thread a few years back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts