Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
+$500 for the Rosso Brilliante and the Bianco Perla. Anyone opt for these? Are they worth it?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It's not about "worth it". Either you like the colors and you'll pay for them, or you'll pick another color because you want to bank $500. It's that simple.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not about "worth it". Either you like the colors and you'll pay for them, or you'll pick another color because you want to bank $500. It's that simple.
Well, no, not exactly.

I've seen both Bianos and Biano Perlas on the lot... and the difference between the two colors is subtle, at least to my eyes.

Ditto for Rosso vs. Ross Brilliante.

Is there something about the premium colors that makes them cost $500? Do they hold up better? More coats of paint?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I believe its 2 stage vs 3 stage paint if you want to get technical, the difference being a layer of pearl with the existing base + clear. go to a FIAT studio during the day and look at both side by side if you are considering either. Its really a matter of preference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe its 2 stage vs 3 stage paint if you want to get technical, the difference being a layer of pearl with the existing base + clear. go to a FIAT studio during the day and look at both side by side if you are considering either. Its really a matter of preference.
Does the third stage make the paint more resilient, or does it add some aspect to the color?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Aspect to the color. It's also makes it more fun to match if you ever need paintwork.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've seen both Bianos and Biano Perlas on the lot... and the difference between the two colors is subtle, at least to my eyes.

There is a definite difference between the two whites and reds in the bright sun as well as in the dark with a light shining on them like in a parking lot. I drive a Rosso Briallante and my wife drives a Bianco Perla.

In the end it's a matter of preference, if you don't find a difference in them enough to justify the price then go for the non metallic.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts

this is also something to consider. I remember going to a vw show and seeing a corrado shot with house of kolor kameleon get crunched by a guy from the same car club. ouch!
My buddy just got a civic in because it was painted with House of kolors with a process now he is repainting the whole car. Some type of blue paint.
The car's door got scratched.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the Bianco Perla, I say it is well worth the $500, cause I already paid :D
Not sure about the technical and the number of layers. It is just pleasure to the eye, at least to my eye :cool:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Well, no, not exactly.

Is there something about the premium colors that makes them cost $500? Do they hold up better? More coats of paint?
WHAT?! White and Pearl White aren't even close! Pearl White has a beige tone to it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my brother in law has a body shop i worked with him e for 10 years, the problem with pear color is to mach and the cost is basicly the same. i allway sick to comon colors

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
my brother in law has a body shop i worked with him e for 10 years, the problem with pear color is to mach and the cost is basicly the same. i allway sick to comon colors
That's why I wanted regular white. My Audi is a pearl grey/blue and it's a ***** to fill in a chip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts