Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the armrest on the Abarth? Seems to be in the way. Any tools needed and when removed is there a hole or what? Will a plug fit in the spot? If someone has done this please post pics.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I did my sport. it has a clip you pull out. unfortunately it left a metal peg sticking out of the seat. Im going to get it grinded off and have a shop sew a fiat patch over the hole in the seat. Im sure the Abarth seat uses the same type of system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did my sport. it has a clip you pull out. unfortunately it left a metal peg sticking out of the seat. Im going to get it grinded off and have a shop sew a fiat patch over the hole in the seat. Im sure the Abarth seat uses the same type of system.
Where is the clip? I cant seem to find it. I purchased a new WOOD console from Italy which I would like to install.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you push the seat fabric inward around the armrest, you can expose the clip. Or there always a hammer, and whack the armrest off, then you'll see the clip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you push the seat fabric inward around the armrest, you can expose the clip. Or there always a hammer, and whack the armrest off, then you'll see the clip.
Thanks JB & Gundam2000 I was able to remove the armrest and install the Wood console. Ill post pics later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be careful, that metal bar left over after your armrest falls off is a pathway to a skin graft appointment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts