Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. :)
I've posted a little already, but now that I have my 500, I feel compelled to do the introduction part. Today, I signed for and took delivery of my very own 500, a Giallo Sport with sunroof and safety/convenience package. Check out my gallery and/or Garage for the pics other than this one here...

As for me, well, I'm a 40 year old kid who spends most days trying in vain to keep a clean house and raise two boys so that my wonderful wife (who bought me my Fiat) can come home and take it easy after a long day at work. Sounds easy enough, but I give huge props to the super/soccer moms out there, and lay no claims on being especially good at this, even though it's been my occupation for 16 years.

In my spare time, I do a variety of hobby type activities. My current love is slot car racing, as you might be able to tell from my avatar. Now that I have a REAL car (minivans don't count :p), I might just find myself getting into the full scale versions more. I'm already wanting to get a sway bar and maybe a cold air intake or exhaust for my 500.

I'm not 100% decided on the name for my 500, but I'm beginning to like Sunstreaker. As an avid Transformers fan, it has that going for it, and the name suits the color of my 500. There's also a personalized plate I could get to spell that reasonably well.

With only 40 miles on my 500, the amount I added to the 15 it had at the dealership from getting onto and off of trucks, and to/from the detail shack, just getting it home from Fiat of Tacoma to my house in Auburn, I'm still breaking it in and getting used to it. I wish I could get the seat lower, but it's all the way down, and I bonk my head on the ceiling (lower, due to sunroof) when I check my blind spot. So, I'm learning a new way to sit that's more leaned back. I don't remember the one I test drove being quite that low, but I'm sure my seat is all the way down.

Anyway, I love my car so far. Hopefully I don't find things to complain about. My wife still hates it, heh. She doesn't like yellow cars, sticks, or having so little room in the back. She'll get over it, or I'll eat crow. Either way... ;-)

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. My wife and daughter didn't like the yellow color too. Too bright. I thinks it cool.:)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Weird, my wife calls me Brown Streaker. It usually ramps up on laundry day.

nice car!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys. I love this forum. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts