Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I ordered my Sport back on June 15th, and got the Auto Temperature Control added as an available feature. The next day the dealership called and said that Fiat was no longer offering ATC as an option on the Sports.

This makes me think one of two things, either it was a limited time only feature used at the beginning of production, or it has become a standard feature for the Sports so it's no longer needed as an option.

Either way, it's not a deal breaker for me. I just thought ATC was kinda cool. No pun intended. Any ideas about this?

D.

ps, I bought my car at a dealership near Toronto, Ontario

·
Registered
16 Posts
Still available, but it's been bundled with the heated seats, spare tire, and alarm for $650. That's about how much some carmakers charge for the heated seats alone. I prefer manual climate to ATC, but the manual climate knobs on the 500 felt flimsy to me, so I went for the ATC.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered MY Sport on June 14th and no such mention of that not being available.

but one of the previous posters IS correct that the "Comfort & Convenience Pkg", which includes ATC, Compact Spare, Alarm and Heated Seats on an automatic car, does NOT include Heated Seats on a Manual. I don't get it either.

the only other thing I can think of is that the deletion of ATC from the Sports is a 'Canadian thing' and we here in the U.S. just don't understand.......:p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the Canadian dealerships (correct me if I'm wrong) don't seem to offer packages called "Comfort & Convenience" or "Sound & Security" or anything like that. All the options just seem to be individual choices you can pick.

I got the Bose and security alarm thrown in as individual options, and then requested the ATC but was told later it wasn't available on the Sport model any longer.

Either way, I'm over it. I just wondered why this happened. It seems like a pretty convenient feature and I've seen Sports on the lot that have it.

D.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Heated seat only available w/ auto trans. 5 speeds don't get them.
Not from the factory anyway, my dealer is adding them under warranty for $300 with custom leather upholstery.

I does suck that the ATC can't be added to every vehicle, I think the manual controls are a poor design.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not from the factory anyway, my dealer is adding them under warranty for $300 with custom leather upholstery.

I does suck that the ATC can't be added to every vehicle, I think the manual controls are a poor design.

sorry, but you must have misunderstood your dealer. they can't "warranty" something that they are ADDING to your car and charging you $300 for it. maybe they're adding the seat heater pads, wiring and switches, only charging you for the parts and minimal labor. it really has nothing to do with "warranty". "warranty" is the replacement or repair of a part that has failed due to materials or workmanship. not having an option and getting it installed by the dealer does not fall under this stipulation.

regardless......getting your seats 'heated' for only $300 is a deal. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
sorry, but you must have misunderstood your dealer. they can't "warranty" something that they are ADDING to your car and charging you $300 for it. maybe they're adding the seat heater pads, wiring and switches, only charging you for the parts and minimal labor. it really has nothing to do with "warranty". "warranty" is the replacement or repair of a part that has failed due to materials or workmanship. not having an option and getting it installed by the dealer does not fall under this stipulation.

Unless he was lying to me, he very specifically told me anything and everything they add before sale will be covered by warranty. I expressly asked him this and he said absolutely 100% covered.

He showed me an accessory catalog which has items not shown on the Fiat website.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I think it was just worded oddly. He probably just means that the seats will be covered by the car warranty should they fail down the road, even though they were added to the car after it was built.

D.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think it was just worded oddly. He probably just means that the seats will be covered by the car warranty should they fail down the road, even though they were added to the car after it was built.

D.
Yep, exactly what I meant...the heating elements are from Mopar and are in the supplemental Fiat accessory catalog, covered by the overall warranty as
are other dealer added options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts