Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting some info on swapping an automatic transmission into my 2013 500 Abarth.

I've searched around and couldn't find much on it. Maybe I missed it or didn't search with the right key words but I came up with almost nothing at all.

I'd appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction.

The sooner I get this (my wife's)done, the sooner I can start upgrading mine.

Thanks! - Justin

· Registered
1,978 Posts
The reason you didn't find a lot is that practically nobody has done that. Abarth auto starts, I think, from 2015 model. I really hate giving this sort of answers, but the best thing to do is just sell your manual Abarth and buy an auto Abarth. You can't just put any auto trans from any 500, you need one from the Abarth or late model Pop with turbo engine. And then you need the entire engine management that has to be coded with the instrument cluster and everything (auto Abarth has slightly different engine mapping, if I remember correctly). It really just doesn't make any sense to go through all that trouble especially when the manual Abarth keeps value better, but if you must keep your car, then the best course of action is to get a wrecked auto Abarth or late model Pop and swap everything from it into your 2013 shell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts