Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Studio in Oregon told me today that as far as they knew the Abarth would not be available until May of next year. My Studio in Atlanta originally told me it would be here in the January-February time frame, but is now saying sometime before mid-year. Is anyone hearing anything different?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
A Studio in Oregon told me today that as far as they knew the Abarth would not be available until May of next year. My Studio in Atlanta originally told me it would be here in the January-February time frame, but is now saying sometime before mid-year. Is anyone hearing anything different?
Haven't heard anything, but the definition of SPRING isn't January/February. More like April/May. Just sayin'.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know how FIAT thinks it is going to capture MINI Cooper S owners and/or potential buyers if they don't have a product on the ground that is comparable to sell. FIAT needs to have an abundant supply of Abarth cars available if they are going to compete with MINI. I was told that the Abarth cars are going to be limited to just a handful per dealer annually and a person has to put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit just to reserve a spot on the waiting list. The standard 500 is comparable to the MINI Cooper (non "S") performance, IMHO but it is not a competitor to the "S". I'm assuming that the Abarth will perform equivalently to the MINI Cooper S or JCW. I hope FIAT did their homework on this front. Another example of a stumbling re-entry to the American market....to bad FIAT's leadership and marketing in the US is squandering an opportunity to get back into this market properly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't know how FIAT thinks it is going to capture MINI Cooper S owners and/or potential buyers if they don't have a product on the ground that is comparable to sell. FIAT needs to have an abundant supply of Abarth cars available if they are going to compete with MINI. I was told that the Abarth cars are going to be limited to just a handful per dealer annually and a person has to put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit just to reserve a spot on the waiting list. The standard 500 is comparable to the MINI Cooper (non "S") performance, IMHO but it is not a competitor to the "S". I'm assuming that the Abarth will perform equivalently to the MINI Cooper S or JCW. I hope FIAT did their homework on this front. Another example of a stumbling re-entry to the American market....to bad FIAT's leadership and marketing in the US is squandering an opportunity to get back into this market properly.
Why don't people have some patience? The car was just officially announced that it is being sold in the United States. No actual or official word has hit ground that the car will be sold anything other than 'early 2012'. There has been no official word on whether there will be a unlimited supply (which would be pointless anyways), just as only 10 per dealer monthly is useless. ****, the 500 has barely been for sale in the United States for 6 months, and they aren't moving fast enough for everyone...:rolleyes:

If they brought the Abarth last spring, but it had problems, or only had 135hp (like the standard Euro Abarth), you would surely be saying Fiat should have waited and brought the 160hp Abarth Esseesse version first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dealership that I bought mine had a refundable deposit. The minimum is 100 bucks. If you decide you don't want it or you can't get financing for some reason the return your deposit. Safford Fiat of Fredericksburg.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agreed on a $500 deposit for my Abarth. It is refundable by law (at least here in Colorado). I get it back for any reason at all, I just have to ask. I think you were told some wrong information.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If they brought the Abarth last spring, but it had problems, or only had 135hp (like the standard Euro Abarth), you would surely be saying Fiat should have waited and brought the 160hp Abarth Esseesse version first.

Absolutely! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
This weekend I talked to a dealer here in the Seattle area (Kirkland), and they said they have more than 50 deposits for the Abarth. While at the same time there are nearly 140 500 & 500C's sitting on the lot. The sooner they start pumping out the Abarths the sooner they'll be in the black.

Seattle is the land of Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, and Boeing, so its easy to see how they got that many pre-orders.

Does anyone know how much the Abarth will be when it's released?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was told that the Abarth cars are going to be limited to just a handful per dealer annually and a person has to put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit just to reserve a spot on the waiting list.
It's refundable. The reason a dealer says that you require a deposit and possibly enforce it with the "non-refundable" talk is because they want people that are serious on the list. If they just say we'll add you to the list then everyone who wants to just test drive the car will say they want to buy one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice ;)

Hmm, the Mini Cooper S starts at $23,800.

I wonder if there is any chance it will slot between the Lounge and the Gucci at $21,500?
My guess would be zero chance. If they bring it in for $23,500, I think that's where it should be.... anything higher and I think they're asking for trouble. Just below the MINI S is where it belongs for max profit & sales. YMMV

Cheers

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My guess would be zero chance. If they bring it in for $23,500, I think that's where it should be.... anything higher and I think they're asking for trouble. Just below the MINI S is where it belongs for max profit & sales. YMMV

Cheers
I agree... Any higher than a Cooper S and they might as well hang it up. Especially if they are going to be limited. People are not going to wait on a list when they can go down the street and get a "S" right off the lot- except some die hards maybe.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I agree... Any higher than a Cooper S and they might as well hang it up. Especially if they are going to be limited. People are not going to wait on a list when they can go down the street and get a "S" right off the lot- except some die hards maybe.
Not hear in Canada, a Mini Cooper S starts at about $29,000 and if you add the options to get the upgraded options that the Abarth will have available you are pushing over $35,000. Most of that is because you have to take a whole package in order to get certain options. Considering the pricing for the 500 models here in Canada are pretty much the same as the U.S I expect i'll probably be able to pickup a fully loaded Abarth for $10,000 less than a Mini S.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts