Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier, I posted on the security system beep topic -Lock Doors - No Beep - How To. I had found a convoluted way to lock the car without beeping. I feel like a read dope, but it is even easier than I imagined. Stumbled on it tonight. Just 3 simple steps.

1. Turn off the engine
2. Get out of the car but leave the driver door open
3. Press the lock door key fob button (middle one) twice quickly and close the driver door.

No beep! Ciao.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Earlier, I posted on the security system beep topic -Lock Doors - No Beep - How To. I had found a convoluted way to lock the car without beeping. I feel like a read dope, but it is even easier than I imagined. Stumbled on it tonight. Just 3 simple steps.

1. Turn off the engine
2. Get out of the car but leave the driver door open
3. Press the lock door key fob button (middle one) twice quickly and close the driver door.

No beep! Ciao.
Dear RTWolfe:

This worked the first time I did it. Then, the second and third time, my car would TOOT/BEEP when I closed the driver's door. It was weird. So, now along with the slam of the door, the car still beeps. Not sure if anybody else has experienced this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Works with the passenger door also. As long as it's open, double push the lock button on the fob and close the door. All the doors lock. Silence. Ahhhhh. Haven't had any of your issues, Peipster.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Works with the passenger door also. As long as it's open, double push the lock button on the fob and close the door. All the doors lock. Silence. Ahhhhh. Haven't had any of your issues, Peipster.
I realize (I think) that it works the first time I do it for the day. Then it doesn't "work" after the initial time. I will test it out some more.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
thanks 'rt'.....I'll try it in the morning when I get to work, if I remember to! :p

·
Registered
700 Posts
just got my pop home and tried this out...nothing still honks tried several times as the door closes it honks and locks
both sides any suggestions

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
just got my pop home and tried this out...nothing still honks tried several times as the door closes it honks and locks
both sides any suggestions
jimtesla: Im not sure what the problem is (if any).. I would have your studio look over the system to make sure it is working correctly. there may be an audible setting that can be choosing for the security.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dang i just got it...tried several more times..lights blink when a push the remote twice really quick shut door honk...

i will talk with the studio when i get my rims installed should be another way to do this

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys are right. Something is missing in the 'steps'.

I read the recent posts and tried doing the double click then slam driver's door at lunch today and it BEEPED. So, just to see what would happen, I immediately opened the car. Started it up again and turned it off. Did the double click / slam driver's door routine again - NO BEEP! When I got home tonight, I did the double click / slam driver's door routine for the 3rd time - again NO BEEP. Since this is computer controlled response, we (I) have to be missing something. But, if we keep sharing experiences/ideas, we will figure out the pattern. Please, if you notice something, post it here.

By the way, I have a Pop C with the Bose package, which gives me the security alarm. I have had the ECU flashed once to try to fix a false High Engine Temp problem.

Ciao

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had no beep when arrive at work. I observed two things, not sure if they might be important. When i exited the car, i took long enough so the lighted dash went off. Also, when i double pressed the button, i think the lights that blink on the outside of the car, had just stopped blinking before i closed the door. Might be nothing but if we watch the details we'll figure it out. Grin. Unless someone has an 'in' with Fiat ECU engineering programers.

Ciao

·
Registered
453 Posts
I tried it when I turned my car in for service this afternoon. I closed the door while the lights were still flashing, and there was no beep. I had noticed that the lights flash for a while if you press it twice in the past, but always wondered why. I guess now we know... it's your indicator that the honk will not happen. When I pick my car up tomorrow (they had to order a replacement speaker for the one that wasn't working), and have another chance, I'll try it again and deliberately wait until after the flashing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thx mr flippant. I tested the routine a lot today. The lighted dash on or off did not make a difference. I tried 4 times today and all had no beep. I think i waited until the outside lights stopped blinking and no beep. But will test tomorrow. Since i rarely have a beep, i wonder what i did at lunch the other day that caused the rare beep.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
My car has never beeped. I hear the locks click that's all. The only thing I had to perfect was how to do it by feel in my pocket, for the sake of coolness.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My car has never beeped. I hear the locks click that's all. The only thing I had to perfect was how to do it by feel in my pocket, for the sake of coolness.
Seriously? And you are driving a usa Fiat 500 with security system? When did you receive your Fiat? Maybe they eliminated the beep on latest batches. Or you have a good manufacturing defect.

Ciao

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I tried it when I turned my car in for service this afternoon. I closed the door while the lights were still flashing, and there was no beep. I had noticed that the lights flash for a while if you press it twice in the past, but always wondered why. I guess now we know... it's your indicator that the honk will not happen. When I pick my car up tomorrow (they had to order a replacement speaker for the one that wasn't working), and have another chance, I'll try it again and deliberately wait until after the flashing.
All: I have found that when you perform a lock/unlock sequence there will NOT BE an audible (horn) sound. If the vehicle is equipped with the EVIC system, the following personal settings can be chosen through the MENU ESC button. (See page 33 of the user guide).

Note: pressing the Lock button while you are inside the vehicle will activate the Vehicle Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Vehicle Security Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound. Press the Unlock button to deactivate.

Remote Key Unlock, Driver Door/All First Press:

To unlock either the drivers side , or all doors, on the first press of the unlock button:
Press and hold the LOCK button for at least 4 secs, but no longer than 10. Then, press and hold the UNLOCK button while still holding the LOCK button.

Release both buttons at the same time.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts